Need help with global command cell.

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Nero Tulip

My global command cell (L6) seems to behave differently to the Bet Rules cells (L9, L11 etc.)

In my bet rules cells I have them equal the contents of a cell elsewhere in the file. Eg. =Sheet2!G361

If I try to do this with the global command cell, it doesn't work. For example, I have cell K4 that will display "CANCEL_ALL" with x number of seconds remaining before the off.

If I type =K4 in the global command cell, then it will at the defined time display CANCEL_ALL, but once this has happened, if ceases to =K4 anymore. What this means is, CANCEL_ALL won't disappear when it disappears from K4, it just stays there.

Firstly, why? And secondly, what can I do to make sure that it will always return to equalling K4 or indeed, working under the same rules I have applied to K4?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Nero Tulip

Solved it hopefully by putting in some code to make L6 = K4. Wierd.
Dogmatic

Just a guess, but Bet Angel obviously updates lots of cells with every refresh of the Bet Angel sheet. I'd guess that when they detect your CANCEL_ALL in the global command cell, they're updating that cell at the same time as they put OK in the global status cell, thus overwriting your formula. Of course, someone on the Bet Angel team might be able to say I'm talking rubbish, but if not then I guess this is tecnically a bug, and could be easily fixed.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”