Log file in BA not showing any logs from excel automation

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
1clutch1

I'm using a multiple spreadsheet to test my triggers on many markets. I'm not sure where the logs go when using excel.
Do I have to get excel to log the data?

The logs only show when I actually click into the market from guardian and load it to the BA main window.
I can see that my triggers are executing and when I visit the markets in the main window I can see the bets are matched.

How do I get the spreadsheet triggers to start logging or is there a separate thing I have to do in order to get the logs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
EyePeaSea

1clutch1 wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:30 am
Do I have to get excel to log the data?
Log info is saved into the application (the 'Log' Tabs) in both BA and Guardian, whether the trade is manual or via Guardian/Excel.
When BA closes, it saves the contents to the BA log directory (see https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/the_log_file.html). You can also copy the log to the clipboard whilst BA is running. I don't use BA logging, but there may be a way to get it to save the file before you close BA - that would seem to be sensible...

If you want to get more detailed information (debug logic from your Excel code etc.), then you'd have to write logging code into your spreadsheet and save that (to the spreadsheet, a text file or database).

Regards

Ian
Kafkaesque

EyePeaSea wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:38 am
You can also copy the log to the clipboard whilst BA is running. I don't use BA logging, but there may be a way to get it to save the file before you close BA - that would seem to be sensible...
In searching for a current log file for all markets, I came across this past - somewhat - unanswered topic, so I'll put it here, rather than starting a new one.

The user guide says: "Bet Angel has a log screen that records all the activity performed with Bet Angel during the active session" but I cannot seem to find this screen. Any ideas as to where I access it?

I realize that a log is saved when closing BA, as stated in the quote above, but as it also says, it would be sensible if there was an option to manually set this save in motion? In case, you cannot see the log elsewhere, of course.

I assume the copying of the log to the clipboard above refers to a single market, not all markets as well?
Dallas

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:15 pm

The user guide says: "Bet Angel has a log screen that records all the activity performed with Bet Angel during the active session" but I cannot seem to find this screen. Any ideas as to where I access it?

I realize that a log is saved when closing BA, as stated in the quote above, but as it also says, it would be sensible if there was an option to manually set this save in motion? In case, you cannot see the log elsewhere, of course.

I assume the copying of the log to the clipboard above refers to a single market, not all markets as well?
Log.JPG

Saved logs are accessed via Settings > Behaviour

Saved Logs.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kafkaesque

Cheers, Dallas.

I found that as well, and not what I'm looking for unfortunately.

That is logs from before the last closure of BA. Can I find the log since the last closure/log-in somewhere? Without having to close BA and restart to create that log file?
Dallas

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:40 pm
Cheers, Dallas.

That is logs from before the last closure of BA. Can I find the log since the last closure/log-in somewhere? Without having to close BA and restart to create that log file?
Yes the log tab shown in the top image holds the log for current session
Kafkaesque

Dallas wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:51 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:
Cheers, Dallas.

You are correct, sir :) Still no use though, as unless I'm missing something, it holds the log on what market is on the main page/one-click etc. at any given time - not a log of all markets running in Guardian automation?
Dallas

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:11 pm
Dallas wrote:
Kafkaesque wrote:
Cheers, Dallas.

You are correct, sir :) Still no use though, as unless I'm missing something, it holds the log on what market is on the main page/one-click etc. at any given time - not a log of all markets running in Guardian automation?
For that open guardian, and at the very bottom there is another log tab
highlight the market you want displayed (assuming you still have it in guardian)
Kafkaesque

Dallas wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:15 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:
Dallas wrote:

highlight the market you want displayed (assuming you still have it in guardian)
I realize, I'm close to coming off as a right c***, so let me just say, I do appreciate the effort to help out :)

Again, found that log for each individual market fine myself, and still not what I'm looking for. It refers back to this: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15046 which there wasn't really a solution to. Which is fine, but the next best thing in terms of a solution would be to be able to check a common log for all markets for the problem in that other thread. Going to each market and copying every log to the clipboard seperately isn't really a viable solution.

As I mentioned in my first post here, the user manual says: "Bet Angel has a log screen that records all the activity performed with Bet Angel during the active session", and I assume, it does what it says on the tin, and there is in fact a log screen of all activity somewhere?
Dallas

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:45 pm

As I mentioned in my first post here, the user manual says: "Bet Angel has a log screen that records all the activity performed with Bet Angel during the active session", and I assume, it does what it says on the tin, and there is in fact a log screen of all activity somewhere?
The log screen/s are the ones i've directed you to already including were old ones are saved, these record the following

market status
market name
time a bet was placed
what method was used
stake used
odds placed at
odds matched at if matched when arriving in the market
any global settings setting used

The only other thing you have is the automation tab also at the bottom of guardian which gives a overview of your automation file like how many times a rule has trigger and the time of its last trigger, image of its shown in thread below
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12557
1clutch1

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:45 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:15 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:

I realize, I'm close to coming off as a right c***, so let me just say, I do appreciate the effort to help out :)

Again, found that log for each individual market fine myself, and still not what I'm looking for. It refers back to this: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15046 which there wasn't really a solution to. Which is fine, but the next best thing in terms of a solution would be to be able to check a common log for all markets for the problem in that other thread. Going to each market and copying every log to the clipboard seperately isn't really a viable solution.

I have an idea that you can implement if you really want useable logs without the hassle of using clipboard.
The thing Is you will need to write code but the theory of this idea would help a lot of people out facing the same issue capturing logs from every market without the hassle of copying and pasting to a master file.

There's a module called OS walk for python this modules gives you the ability to read and write to files stored in a directory. For example if you have 100 logs, You could os walk all the log files and concatenate into one master file.
Kafkaesque

1clutch1 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:56 pm
I have an idea that you can implement if you really want useable logs without the hassle of using clipboard.
The thing Is you will need to write code but the theory of this idea would help a lot of people out facing the same issue capturing logs from every market without the hassle of copying and pasting to a master file.

There's a module called OS walk for python this modules gives you the ability to read and write to files stored in a directory. For example if you have 100 logs, You could os walk all the log files and concatenate into one master file.
Thanks, I'll have a look and see if it's do-able. Initial response was my head exploding though. Especially given that you're searching for the same solution as me - from what I gather - and at the very least know the termonology while yet not doing it. Which tells me, that doing it working from a nil point of knowledge won't exactly be an overnight job 8-)

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”