Log file in BA not showing any logs from excel automation

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
1clutch1

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:45 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:15 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:11 pm

You are correct, sir :) Still no use though, as unless I'm missing something, it holds the log on what market is on the main page/one-click etc. at any given time - not a log of all markets running in Guardian automation?
For that open guardian, and at the very bottom there is another log tab
highlight the market you want displayed (assuming you still have it in guardian)
I realize, I'm close to coming off as a right c***, so let me just say, I do appreciate the effort to help out :)

Again, found that log for each individual market fine myself, and still not what I'm looking for. It refers back to this: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15046 which there wasn't really a solution to. Which is fine, but the next best thing in terms of a solution would be to be able to check a common log for all markets for the problem in that other thread. Going to each market and copying every log to the clipboard seperately isn't really a viable solution.

As I mentioned in my first post here, the user manual says: "Bet Angel has a log screen that records all the activity performed with Bet Angel during the active session", and I assume, it does what it says on the tin, and there is in fact a log screen of all activity somewhere?

I have an idea that you can implement if you really want useable logs without the hassle of using clipboard.
The thing Is you will need to write code but the theory of this idea would help a lot of people out facing the same issue capturing logs from every market without the hassle of copying and pasting to a master file.

There's a module called OS walk for python this modules gives you the ability to read and write to files stored in a directory. For example if you have 100 logs, You could os walk all the log files and concatenate into one master file.
Kafkaesque

1clutch1 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:56 pm
I have an idea that you can implement if you really want useable logs without the hassle of using clipboard.
The thing Is you will need to write code but the theory of this idea would help a lot of people out facing the same issue capturing logs from every market without the hassle of copying and pasting to a master file.

There's a module called OS walk for python this modules gives you the ability to read and write to files stored in a directory. For example if you have 100 logs, You could os walk all the log files and concatenate into one master file.
Thanks, I'll have a look and see if it's do-able. Initial response was my head exploding though. Especially given that you're searching for the same solution as me - from what I gather - and at the very least know the termonology while yet not doing it. Which tells me, that doing it working from a nil point of knowledge won't exactly be an overnight job 8-)

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”