Multiple sheets, is there a way to list placed bets on just one?

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
amberleith

I have individual sheets running on many markets throughout the day using guardian and can track bets placed on them through my betfair account, which I'm fine with. The problem is that I want to share the bets with somebody else without giving them access to my betfair account, all they need to do is see a list and it doesnt necessarily have to be live.

I'd imagine its very possible but I have no idea what to type into google to find the answer, using the words List or Report bring up guides to doing very different things.

Any existing spreadsheets on here that could achieve this?
EyePeaSea

amberleith wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 4:45 am
The problem is that I want to share the bets with somebody else without giving them access to my betfair account, all they need to do is see a list and it doesnt necessarily have to be live
There would be two steps to this - getting copies of the information out of Guardian and then secondly, putting that information somewhere the other person can get it.
For the first bit, you could write the code to export the information (using the Excel VBA 'change' event) into something easy to manage - e.g. a simple text file.

For the second bit - you could:
1. automate the process of sending those text files as an email attachment (there are command line utilities to send emails or you could code that straight into Excel),
2. if you have your own website, use command line utilities to FTP/SCP the files to your website, or
3. if you already use something like Google Drive, DropBox or OneDrive, just share a folder with the other person and save the files directly into your local folder and they'll be able to get the files as they are automatically replicated up into the 'cloud'.

I'm not sure if you're already using VBA code in Guardian or using BA rules. If you're already using code, then it's not a big job to add this functionality to export the information. If you're new to programming then it's more of a challenge, but definitely doable.

If someone has a spreadsheet that already does this, then I'm sure they'll post it on here for you. If not, I'll see if I can knock up an example for you.

Ian
amberleith

Hi.

Sharing via a file in dropbox is an excellent idea, I had not considered that, I've been too wrapped up in how to collate the matched bets.

I do use VBA code but everything I have learrned in Excel has come from trial and error, butchering other peoples work from here and via google, advanced functions like I need here are not something I would easily be able to do on my own so help would obviously be appreciated.

If it isnt going to take more than 5 minutes to bust out an example then please don't worry about it, just replying is enough as I now know for sure its mechanically possible and I don't mind trying to figure it out myself!
EyePeaSea

amberleith wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 4:25 pm
trial and error, butchering other peoples work from here and via google
Sounds like most programmers to be honest :D

I'll knock something up - hopefully tomorrow. It really helps that you've done some stuff in VBA!
amberleith

That would be amazing if you could, looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.
EyePeaSea

Here's a zip file using a modified BA 'multi' sheet spreadsheet. It's just an example showing what I think you want. But it is just an example - I've tested it for all of 5 minutes...

The zip file contains the spreadsheet, code and the output files. Lots of (hopefully) helpful comments in the file. It's intended to show you one way of doing it - it's not bullet proof or perfect code.

I ran BA Guardian this morning and manually entered trades (in practice mode...). So you'll see the trades recorded in Excel and how they look in the text file.

I'll say one last time - this is an example - use at your own risk :D

Any problems, let me know.

<update>
Some typos in the explanation code:
1. I said "So we scan down all rows to see if there is a 'Placed' message in column A", but I meant "...column O"
2. I mention the 'mid' function - but I took that out, so ignore that comment.
</update>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amberleith

Thats brilliant, works exactly how I wanted, thank you so much for the work.

Hopefully others searchin gin the future will find this. Betangel forum never ceases to amaze me.
EyePeaSea

You're welcome - glad I could help.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”