Excel Add-ins

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Nero Tulip

I have a few add-ins that I find very useful, but when I open excel via Bet Angel, I can't see them on the ribbon, and I can't add them to the ribbon manually, as it already has them ticked, so it thinks they're already there? Is there a way I can see/use my add-ins while excel has been opened from Bet Angel?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We haven't experimented loading add-ins after Excel has started, but know for certain that they won't load automatically when we open the Excel application via Bet Angel. It's something to do with the process to process automation interface that is used to communicate with Excel.
Nero Tulip

I'd love to know more about this, or find a way to work around it. The flexibility some add-ins would give when updating automatically would be useful to say the least.
ShaunWhite

Nero Tulip wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 5:05 pm
I'd love to know more about this, or find a way to work around it. The flexibility some add-ins would give when updating automatically would be useful to say the least.
Can't you have another instance of Excel that points at the one connected to Excel? I'm not in a position to try it now but I'm sure I remember doing that.

I think it was when I was capturing data and was annoyed by how many times I closed BA, it didn't warn me to save any connected sheets, it closed Excel, and I'd forgotten to save my data. :x

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”