Guardian daily results to Excel (please)...

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
paulb164

Hi all,
I am trying to set up an XLS to record my daily activity on Guardian, namely how my daily Guardian choices are performing, in order to test the profitability of condition-guided choices. At the moment I have set up a mildly-complicated automation on a football goals market, using several conditions within that automation to try to filter out suitable games. My intention is to put in all the day's games for that goal market into Guardian, and apply the automation and allow that to pick the games to bet on.
What I'm hoping to get is an XLS that I can download the Guardian markets, and how the automation was handled by the conditions... I have attached the kind of (extremely basic) layout and data requirements that I'm hoping for which will allow me to research the data to hopefully help me refine my conditions. I have tried to keep my data to static points in time (bearing in mind that markets are fluent and infinitely changeable).
Is it possible ? I have looked through the threads and did various searches, but haven't found anything on the forum... anyone able to help this newbie to the BA fraternity ? Appreciate any help you all can give me...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EyePeaSea

Hi Paul,

I don't use automation inside Guardian (but there are plenty of very experienced people on here who do, say they may correct me) - but I don't think the automation rules give you the ability to 'copy' information. The automation rules are for making trades based on conditions.

The most likely way that you'll extract the data is to use VBA. I'm assuming that you've not programmed before, in which case, it's a bit of a steep learning curve to start with, but I'm really not sure how else you'll achieve this.

There are lots of example spreadsheets on this forum that use VBA to track/ store information from Guardian spreadsheets - look here: http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=31

I'd say your best bet was to see if there was an example file that does most of what you want and then work toward changing that to fit your requirements. With regard to storing the information - I'm not sure that Excel can extract the rules used by BA automation - but it can store the other data items that you're after (race name, trades made, P&L etc.)

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”