Record data quicker than every second on Excel.

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
HRacing

Iv managed a bit of simple VBA coding and have it running currently and it is doing the job but I agree with you, iv always wanted to have a look into Python and will need to one of these days, a very powerful tool to have.
welshboy06

It is indeed. Now I just need to master this trading malarkey and I'll be set!
HRacing

welshboy06 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 1:04 pm
I know you specifically asked for an Excel way to do this, but if you have any sort of programming experience (You mention VBA) then I'd suggest learning a little bit of python.
With little knowledge you can use LinusP's API (BetfairLightweight) and manually fetch the JSON results and save to a file. You can save these as csv, json or (with a bit more knowledge) directly to a database. One major advantage of this is you can decide how and what to store and there's a lot less CPU/Mem overhead than having excel to it. Plus you can get data in 200ms chunks if you wish.

Python is one of the more simpler languages to learn (That I've come across) and I'm sure if you give it a little time you can make something to get the data you need.
Dont fancy my chances much with Python, took me an hour to actually get the command propmt to recognise what it was :lol: :lol:
welshboy06

Haha yeah that can he a pain sometimes. If you did want to try it out, I'd suggest IntelliJ pyCharm. The best ide I've used, I use their java ide too.
HRacing

welshboy06 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 12:56 pm
Haha yeah that can he a pain sometimes. If you did want to try it out, I'd suggest IntelliJ pyCharm. The best ide I've used, I use their java ide too.
Its like iv stepped into another world :lol: iv lived a sheltered life :lol:
welshboy06

HRacing wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 1:07 pm
welshboy06 wrote:
Funny thing is, I have the skills to make a bit or to get a lot of data collected and stored. But don't have the skills in trading to actually. Make use of it 😂
Just keep at learning python, as I will keep at learning to trade
HRacing

welshboy06 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 1:13 pm
HRacing wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 1:07 pm
welshboy06 wrote:
Funny thing is, I have the skills to make a bit or to get a lot of data collected and stored. But don't have the skills in trading to actually. Make use of it 😂
Just keep at learning python, as I will keep at learning to trade

what the f**k is my .bashprofile :lol: :lol: if nothing else its great fun.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”