How to scrape Data for data logger?

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Orixian

I'm building a basic data logger for horse races that feed off of a modified version of the templates that come with betangel. So far its working great but due to my lack of coding experience there's some things I can't log. I want to log the course, distance, event type and class in separate columns alongside the data I am currently logging . I would also like to record the SP and even the in running low if it can be scraped from a website. I've got some basic VBA knowledge. I don't know how to go about scraping this data, I assume I could get it from betfair if I know what I'm doing. Could someone point me in the right direction?
Dallas

Betfair data with all the info you have asked for can be downloaded from here
http://www.betfairpromo.com/betfairsp/prices/

Also plenty of other data related stuff, links etc can be found in the Betfair data section of the forum
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=54
Orixian

Cheers Dallas.In those files the course distance and type is in the same cell. Is there a way to get VBA to recognise these and separate them? Also is there a way to get VBA to download those csv files. I can write some code to extract the data I need. Id just like to be able to have excell download and scan through the files without me having to download them manually each day. Do betfair keep files with the exact finishing places so I could automate the extraction of this too?
ShaunWhite

Orixian wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:25 pm
. Is there a way to get VBA to recognise these and separate them?
Try looking at the vba SPLIT function to extract the individual elements from a single string
Dallas

They look like they are all in same cell but once you expand the cell's its all separate columns

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”