force bet angel to switch to new market at specified time

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
karnage

hi all
Is there a way to make bet angel switch to a new market at the time specified in the setting? Because I think the problem I'm seeing is this: The betangel binding to my excel sheet doesnt get released until that market is given the status of "suspended". So, if a race at a particular track is starting a few minute late, that market doesnt get suspended at the usual point in time and the BA binding doesnt switch to the next market 5 min before the scheduled start as per the setting in the app.

It looks like the "switch to next market x seconds before start" setting gets ignored until the currently selected market is suspended.

This is problematic because my betting algorithm requires 5 minutes of price and volume data in order to make a bet...

Is there a way to make this work?
karnage

OK so I thought about this, and discussed it with my programmer friend, and the conclusion I came to is this: It's a time zone related bug.
Most bet angel users are in the UK, hence the lack of replies to my question. Most people don't encounter this bug because their computers are set to the UK time zone. I'm in New Zealand and I do see this bug where BA fails to release a market and switch to the new one at the time specified in the "market switch time" settings field.

I've set my laptop and my betfair account to UK time and I'll run it overnight like that. Hopefully that'll resolve the problem, because, like I said, I need 5 minutes of price & volume data for my system to make the calculations my algorithm uses as inputs.
Euler

karnage wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:00 am
hi all
Is there a way to make bet angel switch to a new market at the time specified in the setting?Is there a way to make this work?
You can use automation to switch markets at specified times.
firlandsfarm

Hi Euler, does that switch which market the Excel worksheet will link up with. For example ... if I linked every Guardian loaded market to the same Excel worksheet will it cycle through the markets as Guardian switches markets or will it only affect the Guardian Automation markets?

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”