Betfair Linking To Non 'Bet Angel' Prefaced Worksheets

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Just an update for this thread. The latest Microsoft update to Excel 2016 has caused these issues and we are investigating further.
Anyone affected can rollback the update by using the following in a command prompt:

pushd %programfiles%\common files\microsoft shared\clicktorun
officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.8730.2127
ExcelBet

Thanks @BetAngel. I have also been suffering from this problem - although only twice I think, but in both cases I had to close my spreadsheet and reopen it.
I only registered for the BetAngel forum yesterday (although I have been playing with automated Excel spreadsheet betting for a couple years now), and have already benefited from reading the forum.
I have restored back to the previous version of Excel so hopefully I won't continue to have problems.
Do I need to do something to prevent Excel automatically updating itself again?
Thanks
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

ExcelBet wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:13 pm
In Excel 2016, if you click on 'File' and then 'Account', there's a button labelled 'Office Updates' where you can choose whether to allow updates or not.
Empty Satchel

As has been mentioned, the issue arises from the latest Microsoft (Feb) update of Excel. I've rolled back my version to the previous (Dec) update and all works well again.

Thanks to the Bet Angel technical bods for pointing me in this direction ... I'm sure they'll have a 'fix' in due course.
ExcelBet

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:49 am
ExcelBet wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:13 pm
In Excel 2016, if you click on 'File' and then 'Account', there's a button labelled 'Office Updates' where you can choose whether to allow updates or not.
Perfect!.
Thanks.
And I can confirm that I didn't have any problems today after rolling back to the previous version.
billposter

where can i find the command prompt is it in excel or betangel please forgive my ignorance
ShaunWhite

The command prompt isn't in excel or BA. In fact it lives outside of windows.

Click the windows start button and type 'command' in the search box. It should be the top option 'command prompt'. That will open a window where you can execute DOS commands. Windows itself is only an application that runs within your computer's os. You need to get outside of windows and down to dos to execute certain commands.

You can do the same thing if you stop windows from automatically loading when you start your pc.
BettingAndBotting

I haven't used Excel linked to Bet Angel in a while and discovered this problem today... are there any fixes yet or coming soon or do I still need to roll back to older version of Excel? Cheers B&B.
sa7med

seems to be working on build 16.0.9126.2336 64 bit version, has the issue been resolved?

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”