Monitoring one market and placing a bet on another market

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
gavdo1

I have been using guardian to create my automation's and i finally seem to have found a set of rules that gives seemingly constant results in BF win market. The results however are ideally suited to BF place market. Unfortunately my guardian rules wont adapt to place market as the odds movement patterns differ from those of the win market. So before i go much further into learning about translating my guardian rules in to excel with bet angel I would like to ask the following question:

Is it possible to monitor the win market using an excel sheet and then have the horse identified by the rules backed in the place market?

Any help appreciated.
Also is there a way of that bet angle can auto create a spreadsheet from guardian rules? (just wondering)
regards
gav
nigelk

If you use Guardian and have 1 win and 1 place sheet you can use a match formula to identify where (what row)
on the second sheet your horse is.
ShaunWhite

Yes you can do it in excel. Attach each market to a different worksheet in the workbook and have your code get what it needs from wherever it is.

BA can't recreate the rules in excel as that would not just require the rules to be exported, but also it would need to create all of the vba code needed to process them. It would essentially have to write an entire working version of Guardian in vba.
gavdo1

Thank you both for the responses. I suspected it was possible but preferred to have it confirmed before going pursuing any further. I will now start to get my head around understanding the excel configurations and functions. No doubt I will have a few more questions over the following weeks.
kind regards and thank you again

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”