Support and Resistance

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
CallumPerry

Hi there,

Looking at the Bet Angel template sheet I can see that there are cells for 'Matched Volume' for each selection in the market but I was just wondering whether anybody would be so kind as to share any efficient ways they track/log/record (whatever you want to call it) the matched money at specific prices over periods of time to then show support and resistance levels for each selection, both short-term and long-term like the ladder interface shows.

Callum :)
CallumPerry

Anybody got any tips or advice on how they identify short-term support and resistance levels using some basic formulas or VBA?
AtishJoygobin

You can't export matched amounts or the last traded amount to excel, so you would have to calculate traded amounts as the data refreshes by using the last traded price and the change in volume on the selection.

It's only an approximation though as not all of the volume in a certain period will have been matched at the last traded price
CallumPerry

39310945_658592074535253_2687786522337345536_n.jpg
I was worried I would get an answer like that, nevertheless thank you for giving me an answer!
It's no where near as informative as matched money info would be but the highest traded point and lowest traded point cells you can now see in Excel with the new software update is great! One problem though, as you can see in my attached picture, the price touched 8.0 (Must have been less than £100 to show as £0.0k on the ladder) but the spreadsheet was still at 7.8... and this was a few seconds after.

Does anybody know if these figures have some sort of delay, whether a certain amount has to hit the market for it to register or are they just an approximation created by BA? I assume if the info for BA and in turn the spreadsheet are both coming from BetFair's API they should be the same?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

CallumPerry wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:50 pm

I was worried I would get an answer like that, nevertheless thank you for giving me an answer!
It's no where near as informative as matched money info would be but the highest traded point and lowest traded point cells you can now see in Excel with the new software update is great! One problem though, as you can see in my attached picture, the price touched 8.0 (Must have been less than £100 to show as £0.0k on the ladder) but the spreadsheet was still at 7.8... and this was a few seconds after.

Does anybody know if these figures have some sort of delay, whether a certain amount has to hit the market for it to register or are they just an approximation created by BA? I assume if the info for BA and in turn the spreadsheet are both coming from BetFair's API they should be the same?
The high low values in Excel are updated the same time as the price updates, so there shouldn't be any difference
If you check your 'Market Overview' screen the values should be the same there as whats shown on your excel sheet.

The Market Overview's high / low values have a price spike filter to eliminate prices that only traded at small volume (relative to price)
CallumPerry

That must be what it is then! Which is great as the pennies at 8.0 don't really look like a true high value compared to the 7.8 then spreadsheet is showing, I just wanted to make sure. :D
makkad

CallumPerry wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:50 pm

I don't see that data on the excel sheet in column AG etc. - which spreadsheet are you using?
ShaunWhite

makkad wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:23 pm
I don't see that data on the excel sheet in column AG etc. - which spreadsheet are you using?
Have you got these checked?
Screenshot_11.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
makkad

Thank You - no I'm a new user and wasn't aware of those excel settings. I have inserted into my s/sheet :)
ShaunWhite

makkad wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:07 am
Thank You - no I'm a new user and wasn't aware of those excel settings. I have inserted into my s/sheet :)
Excellent.
Whenever I get a new piece of software I go straight to the Settings/Option page and look at every item. It's often the best way to see the sort of things it does, and anything that looks interesting (or doesn't make immediate sense) can be followed up with a quick read of that section in the User Guide.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”