Excel Not Updating Fast Enough

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Redhead

Hi Guys,

Ok, what I have is some automation for in-play on the horses in excel, I connect it to guardian and autobind it. I then turn on streaming and set my refresh rate to 20ms in both BA & Guardian.

When watching guardian I see the money moving very fast and the last update time as well moving fast, so all good there.

I look at my spreadsheet connected to the market and I see in the last updated tab. For example

This is causing no bets to be fired in due to the 2 and 3 second delays, why is it doing this when I have streaming on set to 20ms.

Its not my PC as I have a custom built gaming unit that could launch a rocket to the moon, the CPU & memory is not being touched to any great extent.

I would appreciate if anybody can shed some light onto this.

Regards
sa7med

It depends on how you have refresh restricted. If guardian is not restricted then it will go cycling through all the markets then it would take 1 second to cycle through 50 markets (20 ms each). So that accounts for a bit of time. If you restrict refresh to say 10 minutes itll only cycle through the markets which will begin within 10 minutes time, so fewer markets > better refresh rate.

Additionally, and im not sure about this, but I think excel takes a bit more than the 20ms to update as well - so there's more time there.

The rest is probably due to any code/formulas whatever you have. There are certain things that will jam excel up as well like conditional formatting. I tried hard to get my cycle count down and it does about 2-4 seconds for 40 markets as well.

hope that helps
ShaunWhite

We all get so used to throwing figures round like 20ms but it's worth considering how fast that is for a moment.

Imagine each update as a click, now gradually increase the frequency of them until it sounds like mains buzz, about 50hz. I know it's nothing in the world of computing these days but when BA is humming away in the background, it's quite literally is, humming.
eightbo

I'd surmise OP is not interested in buzzing sounds, but rather trying to determine the source of lag ;)

If excel's taking over 100x longer (2+ sec) in some cases to update, and OP is probably structuring his automation around the expectation of 0.02s updates, it's easy to see that he has a significant problem.

@Redhead
Unfortunately don't have any input myself but curious to hear any progress/updates

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”