Automating bet matching process

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
stigblomquist

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this topic. I have a programming background but I don't know VBA though I could probably understand the code/pick it up.

I have a trading method which goes like this:

The evening before racing I generate a list of horses to be traded, one per race in 80-90% of the races scheduled for the following day (UK/IRE), so there are quite a number especially in summer.

In Betangel, I have a column set up to place back bets with one-click by asking for the best lay price -1 tick. That enables me to place all the bets fairly quickly into the markets.

Now comes the laborious bit: next morning I have to cycle through the unmatched bets and adjust the asking price on each one so that it is still best lay price -1 tick, until all bets are matched. This is very time consuming, also it means where a price has dropped rapidly I have missed out on getting the best price available.

I have been trying to figure out how to use automation to do this matching process but so far it has defeated me. The logic is, if there is an unmatched amount, cancel the existing bet and place a new back bet for the unmatched amount into the market at the current best lay price -1 tick. How hard can that be?

After all bets are matched I place an SP lay bet to offset the back bet (in case my computer/virginmedia/Betfair goes down), then I have an in-play greenup rule that fires right after the off. This all works really well apart from the bet matching bit.

Cheers
Steve

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”