Spread Sheet For SP's Help

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Online Trader

I am not an XL expert in fact I would go as far as to say I am pretty poor at it :lol:

I am looking for a spread sheet that will place bets for me at Betfair SP if above or below a certain price and then place a Lay bet for me at 65% of the SP as soon as the race starts

Is this possible?

Any help would be very much appreciated
Online Trader

Anybody ;)
TheTub

At first glance I would say it's not possible as Bet Angel does not offer SP betting directly.

However, you could submit bets outside of the money and use the global 'TAKE_SP' a few seconds before the start of the race. i.e. place the back bets at 1000.

But then the price you were matched at would not be fed back to the spreadsheet. So you would need to write some function to determine what price you were matched at and place a lay bet if required.

So I would say the answer is yes it's possible.

Good luck writing it.
aubweaver

Hi,
I'm a newbie and I'm also pulling my hair out trying to integrate excel with Betangel and learn about slightly advanced formulas etc. I was also wanting the sp's (what a pain!). Anyway,I did come up with method of using the inbuilt timer/start time and a range of formulas all as pasted below. The first section is how it appears on your spread sheet, the second are the formulas that creates this. I used cells Y6 etc because I was already using closer cells ie U6 for other formulas. I lined them up with row 9 to make it easy to
'FILL DOWN' (HOWEVER YOU NEED TO UNMERGE THE MERGED CELLS TO DO THIS....ANOTHER PAIN). There is a method of doing a fill down to fill every second cell which might be best to google as it would take too much space to explain it now. Note: Y7 is 00:02:00 ie 2 mins You don't necessarily need this, this is deducted off the start time ie to 'activate' the system 2mins before the start, it could be 10mins,30secs or zero. The IMPORTANT thing is, cells Z9 Y9 AA9 and Y7 are set to 'GENERAL' format or excel formulas will not read it correctly. The last formula is the main 'BACK' formula that fires your bets I've got the odds set for between 10 and 15, you can change this to your odds. also I refer to G9..'BACKS' you probably want H9..'LAYS'. The formula in AB9 'A' is simply to tie everything together, it's saying if it's 2mins to the start and the odds are 10-15 then 'fire'.
Unfortunately I was unable to use it as I needed more formulas which ultimately contradicted the whole thing ....I'm still working on it and will probably post a question myself soon.
Basically It's saying to excel place a Back at odds between 10-15 2mins before the off.
Please also note it only works when excel and the market is active ie on the screen (or minimised) this can all work automatically through 'GUARDIAN' or of course manually. PLEASE TEST IT FIRST..!
Hope it helps,
Peter
PS i didn't use the coundown timer as it seemed to conflict with the formulas especially when it added the minus sign at the end.

Y Z AA AB
6 13:49:28
7 0:02:00
8 13:47:28 13:45:00
9 0.57462963 0.572916667 -0.001712963 A

X Y Z AA AB
6 =C3
7 0.00138888888888889
8 =Y6-Y7 =F3
9 =Y8 =Z8 =Z9-Y9 =IF(Z9<Y9,"A","")
THE FORMULA BELOW GOES INT CELL L9
=IF(AND(G9>10,G9<15,AB9="A"),"BACK","")
aubweaver

Hi, I've just checked my earlier reply and can see that what I'd pasted from excel has been condensed making it a bit gobbly gookish..! I'll try to reorganise the set up and post it again.
Sorry...Peter.
aubweaver

OK here goes

CELL Y6 =C3
CELL Y7 00:02:00 (you type this in, the first zero is actually disgarded by excel...select 'GENERAL' format)
CELL Y8 =Y6-Y7
CELL Y9 =Y8('GENERÁL' format)
CELL Z8 =F3
CELL Z9 =Z8('GENERAL' format)
CELL AA9 =Z9-Y9 ('GENERAL' format)
CELL AB9 =IF(AND(Z9<Y9,"A","")

Hopefully this will be understandable when I submit it.The General format cells could simply be in the source cells ie Y8 etc could be general format and leave out Y9 but I did it like this so the normal time could be seen.
Hope it helps.
All the Best,
Peter.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”