Matched Odds/Amnt Mtched/BetRef/Time Rows

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
sa7med

I can't tell but do these values move with corresponding horses when the market ranking is changed? It seems like sometimes they do and sometimes they dont. Just wondering because it affects some parts of my sheet.
CallumPerry

What do you mean by market ranking?

The selections stay in the same place regardless of their rank with the standard settings, the only time there's a change is if there has been a withdrawal of a selection i.e. a horse being taken out the race but then the spreadsheet just leaves a gap and all the other selections stay in the same place. Have you changed your settings so that the selections do move around based on their rank?

By the way, I assume 'by rank' means in order of current lowest odd to current highest odd?
sa7med

CallumPerry wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:02 am
What do you mean by market ranking?

The selections stay in the same place regardless of their rank with the standard settings, the only time there's a change is if there has been a withdrawal of a selection i.e. a horse being taken out the race but then the spreadsheet just leaves a gap and all the other selections stay in the same place. Have you changed your settings so that the selections do move around based on their rank?

By the way, I assume 'by rank' means in order of current lowest odd to current highest odd?
Apologies, I mean the way the ordered the horse selections are ordered. I haven't changed any settings pertaining to ordering. it's always happened this way for me out of the box. I always assumed it was ranked based on VWAP. Is there a way to fix the market so that it's stationary? Certainly would make my excel sheet a lot simpler. I've looked around for this setting but haven't found it.
CallumPerry

No mate, I've just had a look at the excel settings in the user guide but there's not much in there; certainly nothing on the selections moving about based on their rank. Hopefully somebody else could give you the answer because some of my ideas involve ranked selections but I've been using the RANK() formula up until now.
CallumPerry

This thread has got me thinking yesterday, I have a few ideas I want to try out that involve having the selections (horses) ranked but I can't picture getting around one specific thing.

Unlike sa7med, my spreadsheet keeps the selections fixed and I use the RANK () function underneath to order them from lowest odd to highest odd, the problem:

Say for example the second favourite comes in and the favourite drifts out and cross each other. An indicator of any sort would assume the favourite has drifted and then instantly come back in without realising that it is now monitoring a different horse (the WAS 2nd Fav is now the Fav), know what I mean?

Does anybody have a workaround in mind? It gets even more tricky when 2 or 3 selections are plateaued at the same odds.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”