Introducing Excel Soccer Livescore

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
acecard

Euler wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:02 pm
We can't distribute scores without an appropriate license, which is why one isn't in the product (yet). But users can do whatever they want.
Is there a timeframe for the introduction of live scores within BA?
northbound

A few updates about this project.

VERSION 0.2 RELEASED
Please find attached v0.2 of my Excel livescore. It has two new columns for Home/Away Penalty Shootout Goals, useful during cup competitions such as Champions/Europa qualifiers. The Excel file for version 0.1 won't be working anymore tomorrow.

API RIGHTS: GOOD NEWS
I got in touch with the API live score company, they confirmed it's perfectly fine to create a paid Excel livescore using their data.

DATA LICENSE
For the time being, my Excel live score won't show any data for English / Scottish domestic competitions, because the license to publish their fixtures and live scores is quite expensive.

LIVESCORE DASHBOARD
To accompany the Excel livescore, I now created a simple dashboard that shows on one page all of the key stats for the day's live games (dangerous attacks, shots, possession). If you, like me, go to live score websites and click on each individual game just to see the stats, my dashboard could save you some time. Here's the URL:
http://209.97.177.128

BTW, I wanted to update the main post of this thread, but the system doesn't show the classic edit button. Any idea why?

- - - - -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

northbound wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:59 pm

BTW, I wanted to update the main post of this thread, but the system doesn't show the classic edit button. Any idea why?
After 7 days users are unable to edit earlier posts, looks like you were just an hour or so late.

What did you want to edit - just the attachment?
northbound

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:10 pm
northbound wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:59 pm

After 7 days users are unable to edit earlier posts, looks like you were just an hour or so late.

What did you want to edit - just the attachment?
Three things, if possible:
- Updating the very first line, making the current version 0.2
- Updating the attachment
- Removing all text from Things To Know downwards

Cheers
northbound

Thanks Dallas!
ShaunWhite

Good luck with the project northbound.

I hope you didn't think all the doubt was too negative. Even though we all had something to gain from it, I thought it was decent of people to ask the questions so you didn't get any unnecessary grief. All these ruthless traders seem to have a heart afterall. ;)
northbound

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:39 pm
Good luck with the project northbound.

I hope you didn't think all the doubt was too negative. Even though we all had something to gain from it, I thought it was decent of people to ask the questions so you didn't get any unnecessary grief. All these ruthless traders seem to have a heart afterall. ;)
Thanks Shaun and yes there was a bit of negativity, but the good thing is that it lead to me clarifying my position with the API provider.
sa7med

northbound wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:00 pm
CURRENT VERSION: 0.2

This is just a prototype for now, but if there's demand and I can get it to a stable version, this will become a paid product as there are costs involved (scores API, web hosting, programming, etc).

Feel free to suggest improvements. People that offer valuable input, especially on the VBA front, will get a free subscription if this becomes a paid product.

SoccerLivescore_v_0_2.xlsm.zip
nice project NB, may I ask what API service you are using?
northbound

sa7med wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:54 pm
nice project NB, may I ask what API service you are using?
Cheers, I use Sportmonks.
northbound

If anyone is using this spreadsheet, I want to apologise for the data inconsistency certain days. It's due to the API provider, unfortunately.

Tonight for example they kept updating match data backwards and forwards. You could see for example AEK v Celtic being updated (in a space of a few seconds) from 6min / 1-0 ... to 5min / 0-0 ... then 7min / 1-0 ... then 5min 0-0. I'm going to drop them an email.

So for now, perhaps do not use the spreadsheet to trigger bets, but maybe use it simply to track certain situations (e.g. games with plenty of attacks and shots but no goals).
cmzrfdl

First of all I have to declare that I'm a newbie (Both for trading and coding) . So my thoughts can be irrelevant or inapplicable.

I had a look at the excel file. If you have access to this kind of data, wouldn't it be more useful to reserve an excel sheet for just one match rather than making static analyses for all of the matches. I mean, if you record the statistics contuniually row by row for each match (in every 1 or 10 seconds) maybe you can discover a certain type of value triggers a goal for a team. I mean maybe a team can resist 5 or 10 mins without conceeding a goal if a variable exceed/go down below a certain value. Or you can define the average values for each team for each minute by using historical data which you created laslty, and you can compare it with the ongoing match and you can define important deviations from average values.

Also I'm wondering if anyone/website sell/find these statistics for an online match:

- Teams/players distance covered (I know I want a lot but especially with the detail of walking/running and sprinting)
- The concentration in the action zones and attacking fields I mean these two:
By the way as far as i know whoscored.com does not provide them online.
northbound

cmzrfdl wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:20 pm
I had a look at the excel file. If you have access to this kind of data, wouldn't it be more useful...
Thanks for your message and great input BTW.

Not sure how expensive it would be to buy the data you need. Reliability is also another factor to consider.

While working on this prototype, I realised that paid API data is not necessarily always accurate or even available. I lost count of the matches where for example dangerous attack stats are missing entirely for the first few minutes. Even more disappointing when you go to B365 and they are missing there too. So not sure how reliable it would be to bet based on data that can be inaccurate.

Having said that, as part of my Excel / stupidgoal.com experiment, I'm collecting snapshots of data every minute (shots, dangerous attacks, etc). In a few months' time I'll probably start digging into it to find situations where certain metrics (e.g. lots of dangerous attacks and shots but no goals by 75min) can predict what happens next (e.g. a goal scored) better than the odds suggest.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”