Idea for identifying current football scores

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
acecard

Hi all,

I have been testing an automation bot that I have written to run LTD based on targeting matches where the strong home favourite will score first. My bot uses the standard goal signal approach, i.e. when draw odds rise/fall by over 10 ticks in 60 secs. However, I think that a situation where using this method could prove problematic is if there is an away red card. This could make the draw odds rise enough for the bot to think there was a goal and take me out of the market prematurely; in this scenario, I would wish to stay in! I have therefore been thinking of a more definitive approach, without having to import API data from external sites and was looking for some opinions from you experts!

If one were to link the match odds and correct score markets to a single Excel sheet, you could in theory accurately determine the current score by writing some excel logic that worked it out based on whether lay prices were still available for certain scores. For example, if 0-0, all scores will have available lay prices. If the home team scored, 0-0, 0-1, 0-2 and 0-3 lay prices will all be blank. Using this, along with a sanity check to compare the draw odds to the starting draw odds should in theory work? What do you think?

My next question is has anyone had any success combining an automation file and excel file to trade football matches. I would have my match entry, stop-loss and perhaps a home-team red card signal (i.e. draw odds drop by more than "x" ticks over a 60 sec period) handled exclusively by an automation file (as this seems like the most efficient method of executing these functions), with my green-up/red-up functions after goals handled by an excel file with the correct scores and match odds linked (as described above).

Any feedback much appreciated!
Euler

Dallas

Another option would be to use the new 'Stored values on the (event)'

You could run a rule on the CS market to monitor the 0-0 score line and store a value (ie, the price)
Then use a 'Stored Value Condition' to test the 0-0 value

I'm working on a few football bots at the moment ready for the new season so I'll add the above to the shared files library
spreadbetting

What details are sent for closed markets? There's so many goal markets these days just monitoring the individual team O/U 0.5 market will give you definitive proof if they've scored once that market is closed.
Jukebox

I tend not to attach bots to closed markets - they never seem to fire
acecard

Euler wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:04 pm
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7148
Thanks, will have a little dabble with this over then next few days.
acecard

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:43 pm

You could run a rule on the CS market to monitor the 0-0 score line and store a value (ie, the price)

I'm working on a few football bots at the moment ready for the new season so I'll add the above to the shared files library
This sounds good. Would this allow you to differentiate between home goal or away goal?
Dallas

acecard wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:46 am
Dallas wrote:

This sounds good. Would this allow you to differentiate between home goal or away goal?
It would if you also did it on the 1-0 & 0-1 scorelines to
acecard

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:34 pm
acecard wrote:
Dallas wrote:

I've had a play with this and was just wondering if you could verify my thinking on it. I will start another post in the relevant section in case it becomes useful to anyone else!
Dallas

acecard wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:14 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:34 pm
acecard wrote:

I've had a play with this and was just wondering if you could verify my thinking on it. I will start another post in the relevant section in case it becomes useful to anyone else!
Perhaps add it to this thread
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=17043

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”