MIndgames Results Summary v2 spreadsheet

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
RonObvious

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody else on the forum uses this P&L spreadsheet and might be able to help me change something.

The spreadsheet seems to calculate a scratch trade as a profitable trade i.e. If you trade 20 races and 15 are profitable and the other 5 are scratch it gives your strike rate as 100% rather than 75%. Does anybody know how I can change this to reflect only profitable trades in the strike rate?

The creator of the spreadsheet seems to have gone dark and can't be contacted and my excel skills are very basic so would be grateful if anyone else can solve this for me.
ShaunWhite

If it's the one I think it is then it's password protected isn't it? How are you changing it?
RonObvious wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:38 pm
my excel skills are very basic
Free Excel courses
RonObvious

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:01 pm
If it's the one I think it is then it's password protected isn't it? How are you changing it?
Not sure! I've had it saved to an external hard drive for ages only started using it recently.

If i right click on a cell I can bring up Pivot Table options, show field list etc... but I don't see how I can change it to what I want
spreadbetting

I'd guess it's an easy fix but unless people have the file they can't really help
MindGames

Hi Ron,
I have not "gone dark" in fact I still provide support for the spreadsheet as soon as I can. I haven't been contacted by anyone about the question you describe, so I'd appreciate it if you contacted me rather than posting on here. This can be done by clicking on the "View my complete profile" link under "About me" of my blog and then using the email link (I'm not sure if I can post my email address on this forum).
Over the past seven years of the spreadsheet being in use, no users have previously had a problem with the strike-rate calculation.
Good luck today.
Mind Games
ShaunWhite

Ron out of interest where would you want the scratch trades to be accounted for, as losers? If scratch trades were neither losses nor profits, then a SR% of say 40% wouldn't mean anything as without digging you wouldn't know if your losing rate was 60% or 2%. Strike rate is different to win rate.

This though seems to hinge in whether people see scratches as 'not a win' or as 'not a loss'. I've always used the 2nd measure because I'm happy to regard a net zero as being a gross profit, ie the trade was profitable, but the reason none went in my pocket was the overheads. Fortunately unlike business accounting you can't turn a gross profit into a net loss if commission is your only expense, now that would get confusing. :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”