Horse Predictor

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
bobs71

Yes Scott , been ongoing now for a couple of years with the published times , although the "performance" rating is relatively new - think its a bid to increase transparency , so owners/ trainers can understand their thinking behind the movement of "marks"
Derek27

bobs71 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:17 am
StellaBot wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:12 pm
tell u what
Tell the average to go somewhere
Was ready to swear there
Consider the fastest
StellaBot - trying to decipher your incomprehensible posts is much harder than trying to put a figure on a handicap winner at Chelmsford on a wet and blustery Thursday night
+1 I don't know why we bother wasting time with this guy. At least our talented little champion made his best effort to explain himself!
Derek27

bobs71 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:15 am
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:13 pm
Agree with bobs71, just subscribe to Timeform - they know what they're doing!

Phil Bull use to say Timefigures tell you how bad a horse isn't.

Any method that rates horses purely on time will overlook top quality horses that haven't yet put up a good time.
Agree with your second sentence if only using final time data - the sectional data that breaks down the race is needed to provide context and both work hand in hand - especially in European racing where the early pace is completely different to other jurisdictions (slower) - It's one of the reasons why in UK flat racing there is a big bias towards front runners - looked at on a % of runners to winners basis , frontrunners vastly outrun their final odds and is basically where the money is DmGJ4xAX4AA_jhm.jpg That covers a large sample of data on all UK Flat racecourses and uses SP as a benchmark - there is a lot of money in predicting frontrunners , although i will say that most of the profits come from the unexpected types who change runstyle from past history or from jockeys making pace dependant decisions at the start of a race but still a lot can be inferred from that data.
I'm well aware of how sectionals are used, I was just explaining what Phil Bull said - we didn't have sectionals at that time. :)
Derek27

bobs71 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:57 am
Derek , i can tell you that in the example i put up - Timeform got it wrong that day - they had Enable running faster than Kessaar in the last 3f in their sectional archive - don't know why or don't know how but it happens - see attached snapshot of the two races head to head timed from a common point - Kessaar clearly was faster that day and confirmed that promise on Saturday at NewburyKempton Enab v Kess.PNG
I've always had a lot of respect for Timeform's race-readers, products, and their attention to detail, but in fairness, with thousands of races and plus ten thousand horses to assess using error-prone techniques, the errors are bound to be there. Even more so when it comes to rating horses - maiden winners often have to be uprated or downgraded after their next run. The real benefit is having a team putting in the hours for a job that's too much for one man.
StellaBot

Anyone got it?
StellaBot

Play chess it helps
StellaBot

Watch QI on tv
StellaBot

Won lots few days ago
Thank you
StellaBot

Obviously working or would have negative feedback
Thank you
:D
StellaBot

Ask Dallas ?
It works
Derek27

If you're really determined to prove that it works just post your P/L for the last month or three?
elofan0

stellabot im not sure how to use this spreadsheet can you not do a video showing how you use this to predict please :)
StellaBot

Dont Know ELOFAN
Other people know more

pm me on here
elofan0

pmed you stellabot :)
StellaBot

Hi
For anyone who downloaded my excel sheet, I will show a working example for today
The horse runs later.
Should win
Thought this may be the best way forward for anyone interested.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”