Indipendent Streadsheet

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
corbus

Hi all,
I need a little help with a spreadsheet. I have a spreadsheet which has macros in the calculate section.
If I connect the spreadsheet to BA and setup the Guardian, the spreadsheet is triggered for every event and that's fine. The question: how do I get the sheet to trigger without being linked to BA? I'd like to have this sheet indipendent where the calculate section is triggered every n seconds. This was done with version 1.2.2.1 quite nicely because once an event was launched into the spreadsheet it was refreshed forever by BA. Unfortunately this "bug" has been "fixed" in the 1.2.3.7 version of BA.
To have the same effect it probably needs an instruction put in the right section (which section? which instruction?) or perhaps the macros need to be in another section alltogether? such as activate or change?
My dilemma is that I'd like to keep the new version of BA because more advanced, but if this problem cannot be solved in another way, I'd have to go back to the previous version of BA.
Any help is welcome
nigelk

Hi Corbus.

Not sure what you mean by not having a sheet linked to Bet Angel. Wont this mean that nothing on the sheet will ever change?

You can make a macro run every xx seconds by using an application on time instruction, or you can get a macro to run by putting it in as a worksheet change/calculate event.

Cheers,Nigel
corbus

Hi Nigel,
I run two instances of BA, each with its own Guardian and spreadsheet linked. I do this to avoid overlapping of the events, so when one event is triggered on one of them the other is resting and will run the next one, so they can even run concurrently with different events, never overlapping.
I then need a third workbook for a common portfolio, which picks up the results (won/lost) and calculates the new quote accordingly for the next event, whoever picks it up. All this is linked by a file for the exchange of data.
So the third sheet doesn't work with BA but needs to refresh often. Anyway Nigel, I have adopted a solution to the problem by linking the workbook to a third instance of BA running a future event (say tomorrow's) so it's forced to refresh. Of course it's getting heavy on the VPS resources and also have to watch the data request charge to Betfair, so an indipendent portfolio sheet would be cleaner.
I'd be very grateful to you if you could tell me exactly how to organize what you say in your message though. If I get it right I can put some instructions in the change section that would trigger the calculate section, that means that the change section is constantly "ON"?
Cheers, Ennio, Italia
nigelk

I opened up the Bet angel spreadsheet and made two copies, saved as G1 and G2 on the desktop. While they were still open, I opened up a new blank workbook (from within one of the open books, not from the Excel icon on the desk top.)

The below is copied from http://en.allexperts.com/q/Excel-1059/2 ... sheets.htm

Question
I know that I can link a cel from one worksheet to another- and how to do that. What I am wondering is if I have to do it cel by cel or if there is an easier way to do the whole worksheet at the same time. I am wanting two worksheets that always have the same information- but one with certain information hidden and the other with all the information available all the time. Any help you can give me to save time from clicking each cel and writing the code would really help me out! Thank you!

Answer
You can highlight an entire RANGE of cells, COPY it, and then switch to your other sheet, RIGHT-CLICK, and select PASTE-SPECIAL. Click on the PASTE LINK button, and that should do what you want

Hope this helps, but try not to copy the entire worksheet, just the first 100 or so rows and columns. ( I copied the entire sheet, and the computer just hung and I had to re-boot).The 'paste link' button is right at the bottom left hand side.

Also, it might help to unhide any hidden columns, do the copy and then re-hide them, and then hide them on the copy.

You can also 'paste special' 'paste formats' as well to get the colours.

If I'm not on the right track,please let me know.
Thanks,Nigel

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”