Market Suspended In Global Status

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
TheNagsHead

I am trying to place a Back bet when the SP is greater than 3.(Plan is to place trade when SP in certain range but trying to keep it simpler to begin with) I have added the Actual SP price in column AF and written some very basic code to place a Back bet if SP is greater than 3, problem now is when the market gets suspended just before the OFF and market suspended is in the Global Status column the order doesnt get placed until i deleted the market suspended text. Anyone know how to get around the problem of having the order executed without having to manually delete the Market Suspended text.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marketraisen

You can do it using VBA code, if you do a search theres better solutions but if its just specifically when a market is suspended that you want the status field cleared, you can add

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()

If Range("09").Value = "MARKET_SUSPENDED" Then Range("O9").ClearContents
If Range("O11").Value = "MARKET_SUSPENDED" Then Range("O11").ClearContents

End Sub

Havent tested this but I dont see how it could get you in any trouble with clearing other messages
TheNagsHead

Marketraisen thanks for your help much appreciated.
ShaunWhite

You can't place a bet into a suspended market. Is the problem just that the status isn't being cleared when the market unsuspends? It's probably unwise to override BF market status messages as a workaround for an underlying issue.
ShaunWhite

Have you written code to put 'market suspended' in those cells? I've never seen it there before and you only have it showing on the first 2 selections??
marketraisen

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 pm
Have you written code to put 'market suspended' in those cells? I've never seen it there before and you only have it showing on the first 2 selections??
The messages are displayed from within BA itself automatically when theres an attempt to place a bet through excel and the market is closed.

The VBA lines above wont remove other warnings like ERROR or PLACED, so he should be protected from silly mistakes, Im assuming not given he hasnt come back asking for help.
TheNagsHead

Marketraisen I haven't tried adding the code yet. I will try in the next few days and will let you know how I get on

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”