Help with BetAngel_1

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Snowflame

I have amended the BetAngel_1 spreadsheet to place a Lay bet under certain conditions. However I would appreciate some help establishing why I am getting an error message.
Although I believe it could be a simple fix, I would be prepared to pay for help subject to the cost of course. I will send the spreadsheet on request.

Thank you...
ShaunWhite

What's the error message? Could be something simple rather than you needing to open your wallet.
Snowflame

The 'ERROR' message appears in column 'O' under Status. The attachment shows (in the formula bar) the formula in L9 which may be the culprit.

Thanks for taking a look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CallumPerry

How are your odds and stake appearing in M9 and N9? Are they waiting for "Lay" before activating? I think what is happening, really quick so it's hard to see, is there is a moment when some unknown word i.e. "Watching Prices" is present AS WELL as the stake and the odds. Because BetFair doesn't understand the order it's being asked to process it's returning an error.

It's best to include only nothing ("") or a word that BetFair will understand ("Back", "Lay", "Close_Trade" etc) to avoid any chance of these errors popping up. Depends how odds and stake are entering M9 and N9 though. Please tell us and we may be able to work it out.
jimibt

CallumPerry wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:28 pm
How are your odds and stake appearing in M9 and N9? Are they waiting for "Lay" before activating? I think what is happening, really quick so it's hard to see, is there is a moment when some unknown word i.e. "Watching Prices" is present AS WELL as the stake and the odds. Because BetFair doesn't understand the order it's being asked to process it's returning an error.

It's best to include only nothing ("") or a word that BetFair will understand ("Back", "Lay", "Close_Trade" etc) to avoid any chance of these errors popping up. Depends how odds and stake are entering M9 and N9 though. Please tell us and we may be able to work it out.
yes, i agree here. it's reacting to non-reserved words. in short, it's receiving an instruction that has no meaning, so all it can do is produce an error. keeping the cell blank (as per the original design), is probably the best route, you can always use the extended columns beyond the fold to put any informational messages. remember, this is a global command space that you are partying on - it's actually a danger to put any (non command) text in there in case there's some hidden betfair command that you inadvertantly trigger!!
Snowflame

Yes, on the advice from another poster who moved the formula in Column 'L' to a new column and pointed cells in column 'L' to the new column it should work. However, you are correct in that I also need to do this for columns 'M' & 'N' in order that BetAngel understands the commands. I will let you know if that works.

Thank for looking..
jimibt

Snowflame wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:49 pm
Yes, on the advice from another poster who moved the formula in Column 'L' to a new column and pointed cells in column 'L' to the new column it should work. However, you are correct in that I also need to do this for columns 'M' & 'N' in order that BetAngel understands the commands. I will let you know if that works.

Thank for looking..
ok, i still think the presence of the informational text in L, even if just referenced from elsewhere, will generate errors as these columns/cells then get shipped back to BA for processing.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”