No Increase in Matched Volume

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
CallumPerry

Hi traders,

As the title of the thread suggests, I assumed the markets had all dried up but then realised it must be something only I was experiencing. Wondering if somebody could help me out? When connecting my spreadsheet to Bet Angel, it appears that no money gets matched for a while then all of a sudden a large amount hits. Even more strange I recorded the times it happened last night at precisely: 12:12 , 9:12, 6:12 and 0:12 before the off???

I have attached a link to a screen capture session I did this morning below:
https://youtu.be/V8291dL_020

As you can see if you skim through, total money matched doesn't increase as it should. It was the same without the screen recording software last night. This was recorded with a custom spreadsheet but I have also just tried a template. I even just tried using the ladder before sending this message and I still have the same problem.

I went to my settings and turned off streaming but I only get the best 3 back and lay prices for each runner jumping around the ladders. No money being matched however so useless information really. Strangely if I click exchange streaming off and then on, money is matched once. I say there and clicked it on/off about 10 times and each time it showed best three prices, then fun market depth and a single volume increase. What is going on??

I logged in to BetFair directly, loaded the second race of the day and spammed refresh a bunch of times. This loaded prices quickly each time and I haven't had any messages from BetFair to say I have any sort of limitation - not that I deserve one - so I don't believe it is an intentional block from their end either.

Any ideas please?

Callum.

P.s. I have read through the user guide but can't seem to find an answer to another question I have anywhere; which formats of workbooks does BA accept linking up to the API? I created a macro enabled workbook but it wasn't available when I opened up the folder it was in until I saved it as a '97-2003 workbook'. Could anybody link me to information on why certain types are not allowed please so I can explore future limitations moving forward?
CallumPerry

Just realised the video I uploaded has SHOCKINGLY bad quality and I cba to film another this morning so I'll just paraphrase what happens...

14:30 until off - market enters restrict refresh good zone. Total matched = £42,322.16
12:56 until the off. Total matched jumps to £47,796.72 in a single refresh.
09:56 until the off. Total matched = £56,446.21
06:56 until the off. Total matched = £68,011.40
03:56 until the off. Total matched = £116,568.80
00:56 until the off. Total matched = £252,105.40

There is no in between. The rest of the spreadsheet is ticking (I can see the time move each and every second without fail). I am using 20m/s refresh speed.
ShaunWhite

Just seeing the top 3 sounds like a restriction.

As for excel. BA defaults to looking for .xls files. Thats the naming convention for older Excel formats. Newer versions of Excel save them as. xlsx or. xlsm depending on whether they contain macros or not. If you change the file type box in the file open screen they should appear.
CallumPerry

Only seeing the top 3 prices was when I turned streaming off. Would this affect the speed in which I can see how total matched volume increases when streaming was on? One update every 3 minutes is mad. It doesn't say anywhere on BetFair's main site that I am under any sort of restriction either, would I not get a pop up box or pending message in my inbox if this were the case?

On the main site I can click as quick as I like the refresh button and prices update so??? Any suggestions what to try next or has anyone else had a similar issue before? I've just tried redownloading the newest version too. Still got the same problem.
BetScalper

As Shaun said, best 3 back and lay only usually means your account has been restricted. Is your account funded ?, have you been placing large number of bets in test mode ?

Betfair don’t always notify you if they have restricted your account, they just do it.
spreadbetting

Easiest way is simply email the BDP team they're usually quick to respond and will tell you if the account is restricted, which it seems like it is . Could try using the chat thing to contact cust servs as that will be quick but they're not always clued up about restrictions , ir anything if we're beng honest.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”