Sky Sports Racecards

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Lordswood77

Hi all,

Do any of you knowledgeable folk know if its possible to download the data from the sky sport racecard

Thanks
Dallas

Nigelk has created one to scrape the BHA site if that's any help
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=15864

If not you could try dropping him a message to see if he could assist with one for the Sky site
Lordswood77

Thanks Dallas, I'll take a look
Lordswood77

Sadly no response on this, does anyone think its possible?
invisiblelayer

What sort of data, the race cards are extremely limited on that site probably get official ratings only
jimibt

invisiblelayer wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:50 am
What sort of data, the race cards are extremely limited on that site probably get official ratings only
i'm wondering if the OP is rteferring to the drill down that you can do on each runner to get the form etc...!?
Lordswood77

It’s just a conversion of the data into excel which in turn can be subject to a number of rules that apply a score

Eg if the form figures are 121412 and I want to know the % of firsts then this would equate to 50 which would mean a two point allocation

I have posted elsewhere so will copy details in here
Lordswood77

This is what i posted in another thread.........

Is there a way to scrape data from the daily sky sports racecards into excel and then run a macro that allocates points to a specific entry?

In my head it seems possible but I have a limited knowledge of excel.

For my assessment of each horse/race I consider 5 factors (class of race vs last race, wins, placed runs, weight and form against class). For each factor I allocate points and then total them up, any horse with less than 11 points warrants a second look. I then consider these horses performance over course, distance and going (using the Stats section on RP).

Eg

Class if a horse if up in class then it scores 3 points, same class 2 points and down in class 1 point

Wins If a horse has won less than 20% of its last (6) races then it would score 4 points, 21-40% score 3, 41-70% score 2 and 71%+ score 1 point. The same scoring applies for placed runs which includes wins.

Weight Top weight (when taking into account allowance) would be 3 points, within 5lbs of top weight scores 2 points and everything else 1 point

Form/Class If the horse finishes in the top 3 LTO in the same class or higher then it scores 1 point. Top 3 in the grade below scores 2 points and everything else is 3 points

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”