Betting Named Horse x Mins Before The Off

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
mpendle

Hi Guys,

Lets say I get a list of selections (horses) to back from a tipster.
Is there a spreadsheet available or would someone be willing to share with the functionality to place bets on these horses x mins before the off.

I was thinking something along the lines of have your list of selections on an extra sheet.
Have all the races for the day loaded up into guardian.
Tick the switch Betangel markets automatically x secs before the off.
Then within excel you could have a vlookup to the list of selections.
I guess you would need a function to clear all BET PLACED information each time the market changes.

A variation would to be to place at SP using the same method.

Would anyone happen to have a sheet of this kind that they would be willing to share?
I have been looking around and couldnt find any mention of something similar within the forums.
It is quite a popular functionality and one in which other programs can do, there might be an untapped mass of potential users who could benefit from it.

Thanks in advance.
mpendle
Seabird

I don't have an answer about doing it in Excel but how important is the 'x secomds before the off'?

Because, BA lets you switch x seconds before the OFFICIAL off time but not necessarily x seconds before the ACTUAL off time.

If 'x seconds' is critical then I doubt it can be done as races start anywhere between on time and half an hour and more late.

Seabird
mpendle

Hi Seabird,

Official and actual off times dont matter too much to me, it's more a case of saving liability, so not having money tied up for 20 races, but just 1-3 races at a time.

Cheers.
TheTub

I came up with half the solution. This sheet will place bets x seconds before the off. Can't be too difficult to expand and use for an entire days racing. Follow this link for the sheet.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=493#p3144
mpendle

Thanks The Tub, I shall take a look.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”