Importing multiple markets into the betangel spreadsheet.

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
doyler39

Is is possible to import multiple horse racing markets into the betangel spreadsheet and then apply rules to each market as the previous race is suspended?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Fidib665

Actually, the answer to that question would also interest me very much :-)
russxj6

Hi there, don't know about putting multiple markets into a single sheet, but the latest version of BA lets you put a different market into separate sheets in the same workbook. So in my setup, in Guardian, I can put one market in the default sheet called 'Bet Angel', another in 'Sheet 2' and a third in 'Sheet 3'.

You can then refer to the 'Suspended' cell (H1) in any of the sheets to trigger an action in another.

In essence you'll probably end up with a formula that looks like this...

=IF('Bet Angel'!H1="Suspended", "First Market Susp", "First Market Trading")

There are lots of people on this forum far ahead of me in Excel, and I'm sure someone can improve on that - but maybe this can get you started on the process.

When you make it big, remember the rest of us ;)

Cheers,

Russ...
TheTub

For horse racing UK Win markets I load all the days markets into Guardian. Once they are all in set the refresh to 'pause'. In the excel column set all markets to the 'Bet Angel' sheet.

Make sure the 'automatically switch Bet Angel market' is set to four or five mins.

Then Bet Angel loads the new markets into the spreadsheet as they come along. You can walk away and have a round of golf!

The only problem is when markets overlap time wise.
Fidib665

The new BA-Version was a really valuable piece of advise. Many thanks for that! However, I still can't figure out, how to use the multiple spreadsheet: Once I select a second market, I have to shut down the connection for the first market, so in effect, only one market is in the spreadsheet at a time. Do you know, how to avoid that?
Many greetings, Fidibius
Fidib665

OK, now I got it. For all the others who are desperately looking how to connect: You have to connect to "BeAngel_Mutliple.xls" via the Excel Tab in Bet Guardian and then to set the connection to the corresponding sheets for each market in the rightmost column of the betguardian.
Thanks again for your helps. Cheers, Fidibus
LeTiss

The multiples spreadsheet is cracking.

Excel can happily work on 10 markets concurrently, but I have 5 different spreadsheets that all do different things

If I could open up more than 1, and get different markets posted into different spreadsheets, I'd probably cream myself

Is it possible to do?
irishstickman

russxj6 wrote:
You can then refer to the 'Suspended' cell (H1) in any of the sheets to trigger an action in another.

In essence you'll probably end up with a formula that looks like this...

=IF('Bet Angel'!H1="Suspended", "First Market Susp", "First Market Trading")
Wont that trigger the next market before the first even starts? i can see a good use for this for some bets but i do most of my betting in-play
wlavery

Hi all,

Does anybody know how to set up guardian to
open multiple overlapping markets into Excel automatically
That is use Guardian to automatically schedule overlapping win & place markets - i.e.

Open R1 (jumps at 12.30) Win market at say 12.25 and open R1 Place market at say 12.26, and keep both win and place markets open till, guardian opens next race's markets.

Open R2 (jumps at 12.40) Win market at say 12.35 and open R2 place market at say 12.36.

Open R3 (jumps at 12.50) Win market at say 12.45 and open R3 place market at say 12.46.

etc.
Would greatly appreciate any help, thanks

wl
JacoboPolavieja

I may be very dumb with excel but I can't get several markets opened in serveral sheets.

I have connected to the Multiple BetAngel sheet but whatever I put in the right column in Guardian, it always opens it up in the first sheet.
I've tried to put "Bet Angel" and "Bet Angel (2)", but the result is the same... it open that specific market in the first sheet of the book.

Any help?

Thanks in advance!
JacoboPolavieja

Ok, now I've read the Guardian to excel part of the guide (I read the part about excel but didn't know about the part of its relation to Guardian).

I follow the 5 steps, but I don't why I don't get the list of sheets on the right column of Guardian, so it seems like it isn't connecting well or something.

Any hint?

Thank you!
JacoboPolavieja

Ok... I'm definitely dumb... I read the guide so fast I was still trying to connect through BetAngel's Excel tab instead of GUARDIAN's excel tab... hahaha!

Sorry for the posts... I leave them here as a proof of my stupidity and just in case any other user has an afternoon as mine today... :D.

Cheers!
Fidib665

Have you set the "Connect"-Checkmark at the upper edge of the screen?
Cheers, Fidibus
sandycove

Just connected to "BeAngel_Mutliple.xls" via the Excel Tab in Bet Guardian and then set the connection to the corresponding sheets for each market in the rightmost column of Guardian. However, having followed all the steps in this thread I still cannot get sheet Bet Angel 2 to connect while first sheet Bet Angel is active. It is either one sheet or the other but not both together for different markets.

Any help would be much appreciated as I try to trade both the Win and Place markets using Excel.
Dallas

sandycove wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:00 pm
Just connected to "BeAngel_Mutliple.xls" via the Excel Tab in Bet Guardian and then set the connection to the corresponding sheets for each market in the rightmost column of Guardian. However, having followed all the steps in this thread I still cannot get sheet Bet Angel 2 to connect while first sheet Bet Angel is active. It is either one sheet or the other but not both together for different markets.

Any help would be much appreciated as I try to trade both the Win and Place markets using Excel.
Just to the right of the connect box you will see 'Auto-bind Bet Angel Sheets'
have you ticked that?

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”