FIXED: Market ID truncating in BA excel sheets

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
jimibt

Morning all,

*** I fixed the issue in the post below, but thought i'd leave it in case someone else encounters this. I basically changed the format on cell A1 to be TEXT, rather than General. ***

Got a small (i.e. BIG) issue that only seems to have become apparent today. I've got a heavily modified Excel template which was based off of the BetAngel_1.xls sheet. Today when i fire it up, the marketid (in cell A1) is being truncated and is missing either one or two digits at the end of the string. A typical example for this is the ChelmC 4th Feb - 16:30 1m2f Mdn Stks race. The betfair marketid is: 1.154495900. However, on the excel sheet, it is only grabbing a value of: 1.1544959 (i.e. two digits short of a panic! :D).

I've reverted back to the original unchanged BetAngel_1.xls file to see if the behaviour is the same and can confirm that this is happening there also.

Hoping this is an easy fix -otherwise I'm certain a multitude of users out there will be affected, if they key onto the marketid in any way (as i do).

cheers
jim

[edit] - this behaviour only occurs if the last digit(s) are 0's... thus a marketid=1.123456789 will be correct, whereas a marketid of 1.12345900 would come out as 1.123459. thus, i think this is an interop issue (or excel default formatting of the spec of marketid). I could do a frig fix that looks at the length of the marketid string and append the required zeroes if it is short of the required spec -HOWEVER!!
nigelk

Format the cell as a number with 9 decimal places
LinusP

Or strings like they are.
jimibt

LinusP wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:02 pm
Or strings like they are.
yup -that's exactly what i did :D - strange quirk and thought it would have been mentioned before.
spreadbetting

No idea why they still insist on using the x.xxxxxxxxx format as the first number was only ever to show which server the market was on and the Aus server disappeared years ago.
jimibt

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:48 pm
No idea why they still insist on using the x.xxxxxxxxx format as the first number was only ever to show which server the market was on and the Aus server disappeared years ago.
one thing i know for sure, it won't be in case they break some lone wolf's API implementation :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”