Spreadsheets Binding Incorrectly

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
sflegg

Hi,

I'm using the betangel multi-market spreadsheet. In addition to the standard sheets Bet Angel (1 to 10), I have added an additional sheet which references the standard Bet Angel Worksheets and provides me an aggregate view of what is happening in the 10 markets guardian is monitoring. The problem I am facing is that sometimes (particularly when a macro I'm running places a trade) the market data which Bet Angel Guardian usually pushes in the Bet Angel sheet gets dumped onto whatever sheet is active at the time. This data overrides what data was in those cells; and there is no way to recover the sheet.

Any advice on how to avoid guardian dumping market data into excel sheets which aren't bound to that market?

Thanks.
Wolf1877

I do remember something similar happening when I was experimenting with manually editing and loading some bet instructions into a bound worksheet. I capture a lot of data with guardian multi sheets and I dont have a problem with multi sheet bindings. I should add I use up to 80 connected worksheets (through to sheet "Bet Angel (80)") and I also have 3 separate reference/control sheets which are obviously not bound.

My general recomendations would be
(1) If possible run a separate instance of Bet Angel connected to guardian and excel and leave it to run standalone
(2) Avoid manually editing the worksheet while Guardian is refreshing (or running macros that simulate manual editing e.g. using code from a recorded macro)
(3) Wrap any code setting the bet placement cells within Application.EnableEvents = False and Application.EnableEvents = True

Sub PlaceBet(s As Integer, t_hrow As Integer, selection_name as String, bet_action As String, bet_odds As String, bet_stake As String)

Application.EnableEvents = False

If selection_name = CStr(Sheets(s).Cells(t_hrow, 2).Value) Then
Sheets(s).Cells(t_hrow, 12).Value = bet_action
Sheets(s).Cells(t_hrow, 13).Value = bet_odds
Sheets(s).Cells(t_hrow, 14).Value = bet_stake
Sheets(s).Cells(t_hrow, 15).Value = ""
End If

Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub
Last edited by Wolf1877 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
sa7med

sflegg wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:56 am
Hi,

I'm using the betangel multi-market spreadsheet. In addition to the standard sheets Bet Angel (1 to 10), I have added an additional sheet which references the standard Bet Angel Worksheets and provides me an aggregate view of what is happening in the 10 markets guardian is monitoring. The problem I am facing is that sometimes (particularly when a macro I'm running places a trade) the market data which Bet Angel Guardian usually pushes in the Bet Angel sheet gets dumped onto whatever sheet is active at the time. This data overrides what data was in those cells; and there is no way to recover the sheet.

Any advice on how to avoid guardian dumping market data into excel sheets which aren't bound to that market?

Thanks.
Hi, there is an issue with some versions of excel causing a stream from other sheets onto the current active sheet when you try to manually edit the sheet. This can be resolved by downgrading your excel. See viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15746
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

sa7med wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:08 am
This can be resolved by downgrading your excel
Or upgrading - Microsoft finally fixed the bug a few months ago - the latest version of Excel in Office 365 works properly again.
sa7med

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:25 am
sa7med wrote:
Or upgrading - Microsoft finally fixed the bug a few months ago - the latest version of Excel in Office 365 works properly again.
Are you sure? Im upgraded to latest version and it's still happening to me (though it didn't happen in previous upgrades)
sflegg

sa7med wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:33 am
Bet Angel wrote:
sa7med wrote:
Are you sure? Im upgraded to latest version and it's still happening to me (though it didn't happen in previous upgrades)
I just updated my excel and I'm still getting the error. If I was downgrade my excel to a past version which version is the most compatiable with Bet Angel?
sa7med

sflegg wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:55 pm
sa7med wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:33 am
Bet Angel wrote:

I just updated my excel and I'm still getting the error. If I was downgrade my excel to a past version which version is the most compatiable with Bet Angel?
If you follow that thread I sent you'll find instructions to downgrade to a working version, although I think there are later versions that work as well.
sflegg

What is the best version of excel to use to maximise compatibility?

sa7med wrote:
sflegg wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.
Hi, there is an issue with some versions of excel causing a stream from other sheets onto the current active sheet when you try to manually edit the sheet. This can be resolved by downgrading your excel. See viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15746
sa7med

sflegg wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:58 am
What is the best version of excel to use to maximise compatibility?

sa7med wrote:
sflegg wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.
Not sure which is the best or latest but the below quote will point you to one that works just fine.
Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:34 pm
Just an update for this thread. The latest Microsoft update to Excel 2016 has caused these issues and we are investigating further.
Anyone affected can rollback the update by using the following in a command prompt:

pushd %programfiles%\common files\microsoft shared\clicktorun
officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.8730.2127

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”