Guardian Refresh Rate

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
sflegg

When I set the refresh rate on guardian, to say 3 seconds, does this mean that the maximum frequency in which market data gets published to the spreadsheet is every 3 seconds and the maximum frequency I can place trades from the spreadsheets is 3 seconds? Or does it just refer to the frequency of market data being populated in the spreadsheet with the spreadsheet being able to place trades continuously?
sa7med

sflegg wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:31 am
When I set the refresh rate on guardian, to say 3 seconds, does this mean that the maximum frequency in which market data gets published to the spreadsheet is every 3 seconds and the maximum frequency I can place trades from the spreadsheets is 3 seconds? Or does it just refer to the frequency of market data being populated in the spreadsheet with the spreadsheet being able to place trades continuously?
It means that the all the market stats will be refreshed in a queue of 3 secs. So if you have 50 markets, it'll take 3 seconds * 50 for each market to be refreshed. Similarly, if your refresh rate is 20 milliseconds it will take 50 * 20 milliseconds for each market to be refreshed. Orders will be placed at the refresh but I believe there is an option in settings to allow for orders submitted to break the queue and be placed as soon as possible.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”