Where should i start to learn how to analyze football data in Excel

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
nivi7

hello everyone

what i want is to learn Excel in order to analyze football data and applying formulas like Poisson distribution,Elo ratings etc and get as an out come probabilities

where should i start ?

Are there people who offering tutorials specifically for sport betting or smth?
CallumPerry

Others may correct me but a lot of Excel stuff with sports trading is self-taught. I've found a few tutorials on YouTube which relates to financials in Excel; some of them show you at least how to set up data and types of formulae to use etc

Do you know anything about VBA? Do you know much about Excel formulas? I just did a quick YT search for 'Poisson distribution Excel' and there are a bunch here:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... tion+excel

How you combine different types of ratings is where you will find an original edge, don't look to copy anybody else out there; come up with your own stuff. Think logically about a scenario, test it with data and repeat. A lot of discussion on here with regard to analysis so get involved and ask away pal.
Socrabet

I have written a blog post about this a month ago, including an Excel-file for predicting football matches based on the Poisson distribution.

The Excel-file is added, but I can imagine you want some explanation as well.

Since I think it is not allowed to share the link to the blog post on this forum, I could send it to you in a private message.

Just send me a message if you need more help.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”