Placing a bet based on a signal from a different market

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
gta2003

Hello

Firstly, just want to say that this forum is a fantastic resource and thanks to all the regulars. I started learning VBA because of this forum about a year ago to log data and although my focus is on this, a by-product of it has is also changing the course of my career and becoming a lot more useful in my day job. Anyone out there thinking of exploring using Excel and VBA more for the trading and logging, I highly recommend it. I now want to learn SQL and using Betfair data logging as my ongoing project, which is going to be a useful skill to have in the workplace!

Anyway, through collecting data over a few months now, I need to explore placing bets on the Place market in horse racing based on a signal that something has happened in the Win market.

Although I have a good level of VBA behind me for the purposes of extracting data and creating databases etc, I haven't actually used it in linking spreadsheets to Guardian yet.

Please can someone just confirm if what I want to do is possible?

Thanks in advance
CallumPerry

Yes mate it is and easier than you might think. Simply load both the main market and the place market in Guardian and then when you link them each market will appear in Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 respectively then you just use formulae or VBA code across two or more worksheets which is easily done as I'm sure you are already aware.

When dealing with more than one race however, you need to think about how you're going to keep these 'pairs' of markets together; gets more complex the more sub-markets and extra sports you do which all commence at the same time. I remember a thread from about a week ago where somebody was asking this question and I believe it was Dallas (all worship him) who gave a Guardian workaround. I'm sorry but because it's not something I've had to deal with yet I didn't make note of the thread or even keywords to search the title of it. To answer your question though, yes it is possible.
gta2003

CallumPerry wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:55 am
Yes mate it is and easier than you might think. Simply load both the main market and the place market in Guardian and then when you link them each market will appear in Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 respectively then you just use formulae or VBA code across two or more worksheets which is easily done as I'm sure you are already aware.

When dealing with more than one race however, you need to think about how you're going to keep these 'pairs' of markets together; gets more complex the more sub-markets and extra sports you do which all commence at the same time. I remember a thread from about a week ago where somebody was asking this question and I believe it was Dallas (all worship him) who gave a Guardian workaround. I'm sorry but because it's not something I've had to deal with yet I didn't make note of the thread or even keywords to search the title of it. To answer your question though, yes it is possible.
Hi Callum,

Thanks for your response, that's much appreciated. Great I will have a little play around then.

Saying that, if there is a Guardian workaround that's perfect - I will try and find that thread.

Cheers!
Dallas

Using Shared Stored Values in Guardian automation can do this, the following post (this may have been the one Callum referred to)
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=16230

There are also some links to example rules you can download and see how they are set up in the following post, you'll find a few that link markets together in the top section "Automation files which use the new Stored Value Feature"
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11238
gta2003

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:04 pm
Using Shared Stored Values in Guardian automation can do this, the following post (this may have been the one Callum referred to)
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=16230

There are also some links to example rules you can download and see how they are set up in the following post, you'll find a few that link markets together in the top section "Automation files which use the new Stored Value Feature"
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11238
Thanks Dallas, that's really helpful :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”