Spreadsheet - function that reacts when a goal is scored?

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
skalcik

Hi,
I'm new to Bet Angel.
I would like to know if there is some function that connects BetAngel Excel spreadsheet with Betfair Live Score or function connected with the markets events that can return a message that a goal was scored.

My goal is to create a function that will place a bet just after reopening the market after a goal.
There is a message send when market is suspended, but sometimes its just due to "red card" or "missed penalty".

sorry for my english, I hope you understood my question
lucas
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

In Bet Angel you have the saved bets area that will do this automatically for you, you may want to look at that before trying other things? We asked Betfair if we could expose score data in the software but we understand this is not allowed. You may also want to link to a text based live score web page, but even then you may run into difficulties. Tricky one.
mctash

Hi all,

I often wondered what the problem is with making a score data feed available? Can you suggest as to why Betfair don't want to do this? Do you think they may in the future?

I'm completely unaware of the cost of obtaining that kind of data live. Would it be in anyway economically viable for BetAngel to have its own feed? I suspect even that may have its problems though.

John

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”