Venturing into BA's Excel world

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
jamesg46

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:15 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:14 pm
I've downloaded all of this years GB horseeacing csv files and put them into one excel table, using power query I've been able to separate the columns using the delimetere feature.... the problem I'm now faced with is, I have over 8000 rows of data for the year and for each race there is multiple market I.D duplicates. I want to keep all the records but I want to be able to add total volume for each market so I can then calculate each runners % of the market share.

Can one of you guys give me any advice or at least the function/features I need to research which will allow me to do what I need. (As you can tell, I'm just getting to know Excel)
Hi James, I notice you didn't get a response to your request. Maybe you now have a way of doing this but my advice would be to use Access. I find Access can be more powerful than Excel for certain tasks with data. For example with Access you can ask it to group data by a field value such as Bf's EventID (for race totals), SelectionID (for the runner's history) etc. And it can easily pull such as Max and Min values etc. Access can import Excel tables, reshape the data as you want and then export it back to Excel for further processing all in one click! :) If you haven't used Access I would urge you to give it a try, I find Excel is very limited with large tables.
Thank you, I was sick to death of copy & paste, a macro would work but not for any more than 2 times. I'll spend some time with Access, hopefully it makes my life much easier.
jamesg46

Finally I worked it out, this was what had caused me so much head ache. Atho was great, really helped me heaps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

There is a user on the forum and I cant remember his name but he made a very good spreadsheet that collected data from the market pre off or inplay & it had a section where he had done a Pearson correlation, can anyone link me to that sheet, i'm after the Youtube video that goes with it.
murdok

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:46 pm
There is a user on the forum and I cant remember his name but he made a very good spreadsheet that collected data from the market pre off or inplay & it had a section where he had done a Pearson correlation, can anyone link me to that sheet, i'm after the Youtube video that goes with it.
this one .... viewtopic.php?f=54&t=8896
jamesg46

murdok wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:49 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:46 pm
this one .... viewtopic.php?f=54&t=8896
Yes this one, thanks murdok!

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”