Excel Display Query

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
TraderGray

Here is a query I get frequently with some spreadsheets I have…

The pic shows one of the tools I use occasionally in my trading. What it does is give me a brief idea of potential short, medium and long term movement pressure based on the WOM. It is not the only indicator I use but I have found it helps me, more so when scalping.

If you’re interested in the logic behind it the “Short” is the WOM% of the Inner price weighting only , the “Med” is the WOM% of the Inner and Middle price weighting and the “Long” is the WOM% of the Inner, Middle and Outer price weighting. For information the “Long” WOM% always matches the BAP WOM%.

The query is that you will see the horse name in the top cell “Northern Empire” and this is derived from the formula “=B9”, taking the value of cell B9 and placing it in the relevant cell.

However in the following table the cell displays “=B11” but not the horse name. I don’t know why this happens and I have several spreadsheets where it doesn’t happen at all, the whole field on another sheet for instance, but I have several spreadsheets where the cell displays the formula.

It’s not a major problem for me but I did find today that I traded the wrong selection in error, so the horse name displayed in the appropriate cell would be preferred. BTW I still scalped the incorrect selection for a 1 tick profit.

Can anyone can throw any light on the query?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheTub

This is a bug within Excel. For some reason it does this frequently. There is more in the Microsoft knowledge base.

What you need to do is right click on the cell, select 'format cell' and choose 'General'. Then press 'F2' then 'enter'.

And your formula now works!
TraderGray

Perfect!

Thanks.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”