Import into Guardian

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
gptuk

Hi i have a csv / excel file ive downloaded from a form website i use of today runners of interest, is there a tutorial or can any one assist please with getting these selections into bet angel ?

thanks in advance :geek:
gptuk

Anyone ?
CallumPerry

Not sure how you can get information from Excel to Guardian, I know it can be done in a semi-recently update but I've never used it; perhaps others can be of help.

Could you not just have the list created every day and create a custom workbook which does the system automatically by searching for the runner's names and maybe the name of the event? Use a simple lookup formula so IF(any of the runners present = name of the runner from prepared list THEN do X, else do nothing)?
humanoid769

I think the question is more how can you automatically load up bets using excel, I am also trying to work this out. With a tool like Other Software you can automatically load your bets using a csv file. I can sometimes have 20 to 30 bets to load into guardian which can be very time consuming
sniffer66

humanoid769 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:10 am
I think the question is more how can you automatically load up bets using excel, I am also trying to work this out. With a tool like Other Software you can automatically load your bets using a csv file. I can sometimes have 20 to 30 bets to load into guardian which can be very time consuming

I must admit I have often thought the same as a sometime user of Other Software as well. It can be done via Excel but it's (IMO) unnecessarily complex using an Excel link when all you want to do is nominate 1 or 2 runners for a Guardian automation.

An alternative "quick add" scenario would be ideal where you could add the nominations and even an SV value in a format like
Market:xxxx,Nom1:xxxx,SVName:xxxx, SVValue:xxxx
Market:xxxx,Nom2:xxxx,SVName:xxxx, SVValue:xxxx

Where the SV might be related to a price threshold etc

Using Market ID or Market start time should ensure a good match as long as you have an exact match on the runner name.
humanoid769

So I assume the silence on this means it cannot be done?

Thanks
Tony
jonluk69

I can't find a way.
I want to do it with Soccer matches.
I have filters that spit out matches I'm interested in. On a weekday loading them by hand isn't an issue. On a weekend it's a ballache, 50 or 60 matches per day with 6 or 7 markets each.......

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”