Easy way to Retain Bet Angel Data?

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
theosmith

Hi All

Im a newbie with intermediate level proficiency around Excel, Ive created a number of macros around populating worksheets with various if statement formulas based on my system criteria, but thats pretty much the extent of my VBA scripting knowlegde... and despite looking at numerous google and you tube examples and videos havent quite cracked how Im able to automatically retain any of the data coming thru from Bet Angel before it disappears.

Thought about invoking a macro that would just copy then paste as value and number format, which i can do manually, but cant figure out how to automate this..

for example when a market goes in play, and the cell at G1? i think changes to display in-play, how can i create an automated macro triggered from this to then do the cut and paste of the cells im looking to copy? very basic question Im sure, but doing my head in at mo.

or is there a simpler way Im just overlooking..

Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers
Theo
Dallas

Some of the ready-made data capture worksheets in the Betfair Data' section should help and provide the foundations of the code you need, like the one below
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2385

Or there are others here
viewforum.php?f=54
theosmith

Thanks Dallas

Have now trialed bet placement thru both automation and via excel spreadsheet. simultaneously too which settled it for me as the time lag for bet placement on my spread sheet meant that i was missing getting bets placed immediately after the off, whilst they were all matched via automation rules ;-)

Could be a combination of factors not helping via spreadsheet, broadband link, the moderate procesing capacity of my notebook, clumsy coding within my spreadsheet all contributing im sure to a refresh rate to my worksheet which was way to too long, even with restrict refresh settings optimised.. but the icing on the cake was when my notebooks display went black, and I had to reboot completely, only to find all links to my many multiple worksheets had obviously been severed as well. never mind Ill relook at it again especially for data capture, but at the mo will just stick with Automation rules to make sure I've got the best chance of getting my bets matched.

Cheers
Theo

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”