Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat : Filter favoritism

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Post Reply
User avatar
murdok
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:16 pm

hei
i use the betfairpromo.com files , will it be possible to filter the uk horses by favoritism
does anyone know of an excel formula to do this? or any ideas?

spreadbetting
Posts: 2870
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:06 pm

Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:47 pm

Depends how many files/races you're trying to handle. Excel isn't the best for those type of queries much better off using a database , mysql is very good and free or you might already have access if you've office.

Are you trying to extract favourites of simply put the data files in odds order, have a look at the subtotal option under data if you want to extract favs, just use min. Alternatively use sort to first sort by evenitd then SP's

User avatar
murdok
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:11 pm

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:47 pm
Depends how many files/races you're trying to handle. Excel isn't the best for those type of queries much better off using a database , mysql is very good and free or you might already have access if you've office.

Are you trying to extract favourites of simply put the data files in odds order, have a look at the subtotal option under data if you want to extract favs, just use min. Alternatively use sort to first sort by evenitd then SP's
I was trying to extract the favorites and I used the subtotal as you suggested and it worked for the 1 favorite and for the others and it is possible to extract them ?

thx for the help



my excel is like this
Image

Atho55
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:28 pm

Try this method...

Fave Order method.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
murdok
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:32 pm

Atho55 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:28 pm
Try this method...


Fave Order method.jpg
and here it is
Image


and it works, that's what I wanted and thanks for the help Atho55 and spreadbetting

;)

Atho55
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:00 pm

Do you want a method to apply the number of runners per race?

User avatar
murdok
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Atho55 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:00 pm
Do you want a method to apply the number of runners per race?
yes :D

Atho55
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Try this...

Runners.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
murdok
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:46 pm

works perfectly I am very grateful one more time thx

Image

Post Reply

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest