placing back and lay bets on same runner but with different stake amounts

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
JamesJ82

Hi all,
I'm fairly new to BA and using excel to automate trades so apologies if this is a dumb question but haven't been able to find the answer anywhere.

My question relates to horse racing but someone may have done something similar with other events.

I am doing my own analysis to determine different positions on a number of horse with various back and lay positions in a race. Using the BA excel spreadsheet I have created a formula in input whether its a back bet or a lay bet in report field (Column L) but sometimes I will have both a back and lay position on the same horse. I thought the offset command would work but this places the same stake on both the back and lay sides where as I want to place different stake amounts for the back and lay options.

The only way I can think of doing it involves writing a macro (which I am not very good at) that if the selection has a back and lay position then once the back bet has been matched then it deletes "Placed" from the status field (column O) and then writes LAY in the report field (Column L) to place the LAY bet.

Is this the only way to do this or are there other commands I could try?

Assume for argument sake assume that I am taking the BSP price for both back and lay.

Thanks. James
Mark2632

Create 2 versions of your excel sheet. One for BACK, one for LAY.

Open 2 Bet Angel clients at same time and attach the sheets, 1 back 1 lay

If a bet is matched on the BACK sheet it will appear on the LAY sheet and vice versa. You can then use a formula to trigger a bet if you have a matched Back or Lay bet.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”