how to deal with a scratched horse

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
fwcon

Hi guys, how does a scratched horse show up in the excel sheet? I am building a pre off horse trading bot that will back a horse if the odds is above the minimum price I set, if the odds is below the minimum, no bets are placed, but if the horse is scratched, then the bot will back the favourite instead.

I don't see "scratched" status in the excel sheet, the horse is simply removed. So is it possible for a bot to know when a horse is scratched?
Anbell

fwcon wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:16 am
Hi guys, how does a scratched horse show up in the excel sheet? I am building a pre off horse trading bot that will back a horse if the odds is above the minimum price I set, if the odds is below the minimum, no bets are placed, but if the horse is scratched, then the bot will back the favourite instead.

I don't see "scratched" status in the excel sheet, the horse is simply removed. So is it possible for a bot to know when a horse is scratched?
It depends how sophisticated you want to be, or how much VBA you know, and how many races a day you want to bet etc.

A simple kludge is to copy column B and paste it over to the right somewhere out of the way, lets call it column XX.

Then you can have an IF statement on the row of the horse you want to back, lets call it row 9. If B9=XX9 then your horse hasnt been scratched, otherwise it has.
fwcon

in this situation, wouldn't B9 always equal to XX9? Since XX9 is a copy of B9
Anbell

fwcon wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:58 am
in this situation, wouldn't B9 always equal to XX9? Since XX9 is a copy of B9
IT's possible that I'm wrong, but I think if the horse that was originally in row 9 was scratched/removed then all of the horses move up one, and the horse that was in row 11 is now in row 9, and so now B9<>XX9
fwcon

that makes sense. I will try it out now. Cheers.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”