Multiple spreadsheet not always updating when Guardian does

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Zapata

Hi, Can anyone please advise why on my system the worksheets in the Bet Angel Multiple spreadsheet do not always update.

If I watch a sheet in the Guardian "Last Update" column and when the time is updated look at the "Last Updated" cell C3 of the actual sheet sometimes the time has been updated but just as often it has not.

This is the supplied BetAngel_Multiple spreadsheet with no modifications or formulas.

My computer is quad core with solid state hard drive and 50Mb broadband. Windows 7 64bit using Excel 2003.
SpikeyBob

... just guessing here, but you may want to consider upgrading your PC/broadband ;)
Zapata

Its a nippy system but still not updating those multiple spreadsheets properly :D
LeTiss

How many sheets are in your workbook?

If I have 10 sheets, it updates in line with Guardian

Anything over 25 it gets a bit sticky, but I'm assuming that's due to my laptop struggling to deal with the workload
Zapata

Just running the bog standard Multisheet supplied by Bet Angel with 10 unmodified sheets.

Pottering since first post has shown that altering the Guardian refresh interval to 1 second allows all sheets to update inline with Guardian but below this it is often fails. This is far too slow for my needs.

Stepping up to 20 markets Bet Angel excel updates were none existent but my computer is sitting doing nothing.

The thing is I can set up loads of markets using one sheet only and step between them at 200 milliseconds with plenty of time to collect information.

I was wanting to start auto trading some markets and thought the Multisheet route would be safer so I thought I'd give it a try.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”