Excel Versions and Languages Errors and other issues

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
ralf_del_mar

Hi,
following the examples using the Excel integration features of Betangel I have come across quite a number of issues, if one uses a German Excel 2007 version. I already solved the issue that the workbook cannot be opened by changing the country settings of windows to English.
I have exchange the IF cause by the German WENN expression. Excel seems happy with this expression =WENN(G12>H12, "LAY OFFSET-1 WITH_GREENING:TRUE FILL_KILL:TRUE KILLDELAY:10","")
But that didn't bring me to anything like working with it, since the error message in the status field pops up every time the condition is met.
Always ERROR.
What is the question?
It is: Is there a short-cut overcoming this version and language barriers with Excel? It could be dots or commas or wrong " or anything like that. Anybody?
TheTub

I'm not sure if this will help but have you checked if your Windows system is set to use '.' or ',' for the decimal separator?
ralf_del_mar

TheTub wrote:I'm not sure if this will help but have you checked if your Windows system is set to use '.' or ',' for the decimal separator?
That is already solved via the windows setting in which exotic region you live. So my Excel already displays every number in UK-style, also the currency sign is the pound and not the €.
nigelk

Try changing OFFSET-1 to OFFSET:1

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”