finding favorite in a market with Excel

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
jonathanpc

I am using Guardian to load up all the races in a day into Excel and i was wondering if anyone knows how i can get bet-angel / guardian to find favorite in each race and then put this value into a given cell in Excel.

Or is there already a function in Betangel that finds the favorite in a market ?

Thanks for any comments.
Brent

If you are talking about UK races, then Betfair updates them every few minutes to keep them in Favourite order.
Otherwise, you can keep track of their prices, and use a simple sort macro to list them in order from lowest price, to highest price. If you want to automate betting on that, you would need to line the name up with the appropriate price, and have some sort of find, or lookup function, to enter the appropriate details into the bet firing cells, and most importantly, the appropriate selections bet firing cells.
TraderGray

I'm not sure if this is what you are after but the function "Small" can be used to identify the favourite, using the odds column.

The format it takes is "=small(array,k)"

Where "array" is the cell range ie "F1:F12" and "k" is the number to smallest you want.

I used to use it to identify 1st, 2nd & 3rd favourites, both pre race and in play...

For 1st favourite it would be "=small(F1:F12,1)

For 2nd favourite it would be "=small(F1:F12,2) and so on.

The "F1:F12" is the range of cells with the odds in.

To utilise it for what you want it may be a little more complicated but the above may give you a start.

For my own use I had to reference it off the main BA sheet area but, using formula, I had "1st", "2nd" & "3rd" next to the odds column to keep my eye on the ball, quite helpful in play.

I hope this is of some use.
jonathanpc

Hi Brent and Trader Gray,

Thanks very much to both of you, both of your responses are helpful to me and i appreciate you taking the time to post your responses.

Cheers

Jonathan
Bot2020

TraderGray wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:12 am
I'm not sure if this is what you are after but the function "Small" can be used to identify the favourite, using the odds column.

The format it takes is "=small(array,k)"

Where "array" is the cell range ie "F1:F12" and "k" is the number to smallest you want.

I used to use it to identify 1st, 2nd & 3rd favourites, both pre race and in play...

For 1st favourite it would be "=small(F1:F12,1)

For 2nd favourite it would be "=small(F1:F12,2) and so on.

The "F1:F12" is the range of cells with the odds in.

To utilise it for what you want it may be a little more complicated but the above may give you a start.

For my own use I had to reference it off the main BA sheet area but, using formula, I had "1st", "2nd" & "3rd" next to the odds column to keep my eye on the ball, quite helpful in play.

I hope this is of some use.
Hi Trader Gray i juts joined recently and saw this blog...

"=small(array,k)" where do i place this formula, you mentioned the odds column , is that all the the horse racers odds column then, and how would then essentially choose the favourite?

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”