Refresh Rates Using Guardian With Excel

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
dogform

If I wish to load 60 markets in Guardian and have these linked to the BetAngel excel templates is there a "best method" to get maximum speed from the refresh rates to the API ?

The two methods I have considered are:

1. Link each market in Guardian to its own worksheet in the BA multiple template file, ie, have 60 sheets in the excel file. Then, get Guardian to switch to the appropriate market two minutes before the off time and place any bets using the relevant triggers.

2. Link all markets in Guardian to the same sheet in the BA single template file. Then, get Guardian to switch to the appropriate market two minutes before the off. In this process, the "Status" column will have been cleared using the VB code kindly posted in this forum so the sheet is ready to place bets accoring to the triggers.

I have been testing option 2 and have noticed that every so often when live in the actual current market the whole excel sheet seems to temporarily jump to another market and back again to the correct market. I assume this is caused by the Guardian list of markets going through there sequential refresh and this is what is interupting the current live market.

With option 1 above I would not have this "temporary" jump of the market as each market is linked to a separate sheet. On the downside however, I am unsure if there will be a decrease in performance of the whole setup or the refresh rates in particular using option 1 with 60 sheets in the workbook.

Any advice most appreciated.

Rgds

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”