Race Result / Bet Result

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
weasal

Hi

I have to firstly say the potential for Bet Angel to automate my activities using Excel is huge.

I have nearly completed the logic for my sheet, but have come across a stumbling block.

Is there any way to tell if a selection has won or lost after a race?

Even horses where 1.01 is mopped up sometimes lose, and after the market is closed this information is removed anyway, thus affecting calculations.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Thanks
finnbarr99

The winner of a race could be determined by checking to see if odds are still available to back. If you watch a couple of races you'll see that the winner only has lay odds available. You can also narrow the possibles down by checking for the back odds as they obviously decrease towards the finish line. Obviously where a photo finish is called for there is a market to bet on the outcome which youd need to take into account. Id suggest you watch a few days racing and monitor the odds. You could also use a timer if you have par times for the course and distance of the race and use the inplay indicator to set it running.
weasal

Thanks for the reply; although this doesn't really help. I have seen races where the lowest odds horse is not the winner, and where there are still back odds available. When this occurs my staking plan will go horribly wrong!!
finnbarr99

Im not sure what you are looking at. Perhaps you could post a screen shot that shows a winning horse with back odds available after the market is suspended. Having traded every race on todays card, and far more besides over the last few months, I have yet to see one GB horse racing market that deviates from the pattern I indicated in my previous post. I can watch the odds on the screen and tell which horse won without verification from another source. I could even have a stab at the 1, 2, 3 with fairly accurate results and tell which ones were photofinishes.

For the sake of clarity I will restate my earlier post. The winner of every race only has lay odds available after the event is suspended. All other runners only have back odds available after the event is suspended. Once the market is settled all the odds are removed but this is several minutes after suspension. This is quite logical if you take the time to think about it. Would you lay a horse that has just won? Would you back a horse that just lost? If you would you can be my booky. :lol:

For the record, I didnt say that the runner with the lowest odds is the winner. I did say that the odds reduce for runners still in contention towards the latter stages of a race.

Feel free to disregard this information and good luck with finding a workable alternative.
weasal

I was only really looking for an alternative to this. I do appreciate that your information is accurate.

I am not saying this happens a lot, but it can happen. I have watched many races in the last couple of years and remember for example a sprint with a tight finish that ended up with odds of 1.03 for the winner; or in a photo as you rightly say you cannot gurantee a winner (which is really the kind of situation I was seeking a solution for). It does not happen often but I have seen it happen. It really isn't a big issue I just want to make my bot as accurate as possible. :geek:

In relation to this odds disappearing this was just affecting some of my formulas but I have corrected this now.

I am new to Bet Angel so I am sure as I learn more I will find a way to guarantee what I need to automate my activity. :D
weasal

Please see attached from today. Does anybody know how to tell who has won this race? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”