With Greening

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
mtrend

Hi,

Can someone tell me how this works ?

I presumed once it placed the bet & it got matched it would then green up when the offset is hit, however it never seems to green up.

This is the forumla I am using:

=IF(AND(M36=0),"LAY OFFSET:5 FILL_KILL:TRUE KILL_DELAY:10000","")

Can someone explain how this should work ?

Cheers,
LeTiss

'With Greening'is a commmand

If you include it after the offset:5 it should work fine
PeterLe

mtrend wrote:Hi,

Can someone tell me how this works ?

I presumed once it placed the bet & it got matched it would then green up when the offset is hit, however it never seems to green up.

This is the forumla I am using:

=IF(AND(M36=0),"LAY OFFSET:5 FILL_KILL:TRUE KILL_DELAY:10000","")

Can someone explain how this should work ?

Cheers,
Hi
Not sure why you have the "AND" statement in there as you only have one condition M36 = 0 ??
Anyway you could try this :-

=IF(AND(M36=0),"LAY OFFSET:5 WITH_GREENING:TRUE FILL_KILL:TRUE KILL_DELAY:10000","")

Good Luck!
regards
Peter
mtrend

Thanks for the info, I have tried the formula but its still not greening up for some reason, do you know whats the trigger for it to start the 'greening up' function ?

Sorry if im being thick !
nigelk

There is no cell ref:M36?

Columns L to S (row num #) have been merged. Try L36
Even then, not sure if thats the right one.

Shouldn't all formulas go in the green highlighted cells. In which case you probably want L35/M35?
mtrend

M36 is on a 2nd sheet that I use to tell me how many bets have been placed on a market.

The WITH_GREENING function did green up for me once, but on 20 other races its never done it which is why Im trying to work out what the trigger is for it ?
nigelk

Maybe you are missing the sheet name?

=IF(AND(Sheet2!M36=0),"LAY OFFSET:5 WITH_GREENING:TRUE FILL_KILL:TRUE KILL_DELAY:10000","")
Dogmatic

I think you're misunderstanding how the WITH_GREENING option works. When you add your command to the Bet Angel spreadsheet, a LAY bet is fired into the market using the stake and price specified in columns M and N. Assuming that the bet is matched within the specified fill/kill time, the OFFSET:5 command fires a matching BACK bet 5 ticks higher than the price at which the Lay bet was matched. If you don't specify WITH_GREENING, the stake for the BACK bet is the same as for the LAY. If you DO specify WITH_GREENING, the stake is modified to include the greening amount. If that bet is matched, you should have a level profit across the board, assuming you are only placing the one bet in this market. If you are placing lots of bets on different runners, don't expect Bet Angel to green up across the whole market.

So the questions are:

1. Is the initial LAY bet being placed by Bet Angel?

2. If the bet is matched, do you see an automatic BACK bet being placed?

3. What is the stake for the BACK bet?

Hope that helps!
mtrend

Hi Dog,

1) Yeah the lay bet is being placed

2) Yeah Im seeing the back place being placed

3) Its laying at £2 & backing at £2 at the number of ticks I offset.

Does this mean my WITH_GREENING isnt being applied then ?
Dogmatic

Yes, that's exactly what it means. For some reason the WITH_GREENING is being ignored. If you can post the exact command you are putting in the spreadsheet (cut and paste it), I will try and see what's wrong.
mtrend

Hi Dog,

Formula is:

=IF(AND(M3<>10,'Bet Angel'!G9<=5,G3>C36),"LAY OFFSET:2 WITH_GREENING:TRUE FILL_KILL:TRUE KILL_DELAY:90","")

The 1st few commands are just my conditions I check before placing the bet. Its doing the lay & the back both at £2.

Cheers
Dogmatic

Ok, it looks like the problem isn't the formula, but the stake. I just used your command to bet on the 16:20 at Wolverhampton. Got £2 matched at 2.34, and Bet Angel put in a £2 BACK bet at 2.38, just as you describe. I think the problem is that Bet Angel isn't allowed (by BetFair) to place a bet below £2, so it rounds up the £1.97 it should have used. To prove this, I then matched £2.50 at 2.3. Bet Angel correctly placed a LAY of £2.46 at 2.34.

So, to get around your problem, just use a slightly larger stake. £2.20 should do you for an offset of 2 ticks for odds up to at least 10.

Good luck!

P.S. Before people tell me that Bet Angel CAN place bets below £2, yes I know, but only in certain circumstances which I believe are approved by BetFair - i.e. greening up an established position in the market. You can't, for example place a bet from the One-Click or Manual Bet screens below £2, nor from Excel. Although 'mtrend' is trying to establish a greened up position, Bet Angel is achieving that by placing two bets, one back and one lay, with different stakes, and I think that falls foul of BetFair's rules. I stand to be corrected!
mtrend

Yeah thats working now, thanks for your time !

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”