Very interested in achieving the following..

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
PeterLe

mugsgame wrote:Am I allowed to use the C word?
Do you mean Compound?? :)
elcapitain

After running through jeffs spreadsheet, i could see this wouldnt work.

I have seen the error of my ways and now use level staking the same as with my other martinesque strategies.

Thanks to more experienced guys in this forum.

The cap'n.
redtra

elcapitain wrote:After running through jeffs spreadsheet, i could see this wouldnt work.

I have seen the error of my ways

Thanks to more experienced guys in this forum.
I've been following this thread and hoping the constructive comments from jeff would put you right...and at last they have! Well done for taking notice capn and good luck!
elcapitain

Hard to admit you are wrong when you win every day. But would only be so long until i get Caught out like at uttoexter.
If i could get 100k matched, it might be plausible but not likely as price would go ballistic.
Iron

mugsgame wrote:Am I allowed to use the C word?
It appears that the old MG is back! :lol: :)
el capitain wrote:If i could get 100k matched, it might be plausible but not likely as price would go ballistic.
Not only that, but unless your name is Wayne Rooney, you probably can't afford to be betting £100,000 on the outcome of a horse race! :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad that my spreadsheet has caused you to abandon your martingale system. :)

Jeff
kelpie

Every rich man in history. Why? They perfected little and often.

Colman's Mustard. That little bit of yellow on your plate with every slice of beef.

Will Hill. That little fullter on the weekend, why not

Beaverbrook. That teeny tuppeny to buy a newspaper.

Andy Carnegie. That wee trip on the railiways.

Bill Gates. That nothing really wedge you make every two years to use your PC.

You get the point.
elcapitain

Not sure i get you kelpie?

I try to turn over the bank as fast as possible?
marko236

Glad you'v seen the light,

That system looks so good when you first see it, when you do the maths you then realise that it doesnt work.

winning money is all about hard work learning how to win isnt easy but there is people that do it, maybe you will be on of them but never think of that system again or you wont be.

good luck captain.
kelpie

elcapitain wrote:Not sure i get you kelpie?

I try to turn over the bank as fast as possible?
My point.... slow and steady wins the race.

You need a system that grows your bank a few percent each time. Then you'll be a winner in the long run.

Good luck!
elcapitain

Good advice kelpie. Cheers.
Braulio

mugsgame wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Did I mention that last year there was a sequence of 23 winning favs, all to win a fiver. Behave yourself please.
Hello mugsgame,

where can I find evidence of these 23 winning favs sequence in 2012 ?
Iron

Mugs no longer posts here - neither do I, normally, but that's another matter. :)

You can look up the evidence yourself on Timeform, although it will probably be pretty time consuming exercise, and I'm not sure what you'll gain out of it (unless you're planning to write an article on martingale). See https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing/r ... 2012-01-01

TBH, while I don't question Mugs's honesty, I do question whether he was correct in this instance, based on this article: https://www.flatstats.co.uk/horseracing ... cle&id=160

Jeff
Braulio

Ferru123 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:52 pm
Mugs no longer posts here - neither do I, normally, but that's another matter. :)

You can look up the evidence yourself on Timeform, although it will probably be pretty time consuming exercise, and I'm not sure what you'll gain out of it (unless you're planning to write an article on martingale). See https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing/r ... 2012-01-01

TBH, while I don't question Mugs's honesty, I do question whether he was correct in this instance, based on this article: https://www.flatstats.co.uk/horseracing ... cle&id=160

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

My thoughts exactly, i was unable to find anything to back that number.

I guess he won't be coming back to tell us either :)

Thank you.
RussellMarsh

Once upon a time when I was very naive I followed the backing system of backing the favourite to win £50. (The reverse of the laying system above) . Wow!! All was well for a month or so but one day my last bet of the day was £11,000 to get back the losses and win £50. My wife of the time didn't know about this.. The sweat was literally pouring down my face as the last one Did come in by a neck..

The lay system would soon get to MASSIVE stakes after 4 or 5 favourites won their races (and you lost your lay bets).

Never again I vowed and I have stuck to that. Gambling is a hobby that you need to enjoy and control. Trading is the way to go if you want to try and make a consistent income.

All betting systems become unsustainable at some point. If one actually worked why wouldn't you just keep it to yourself and work it to death!? I certainly wouldn't be bragging about the holy grail if I found it. That would be like sharing a jackpot lottery ticket with strangers. Likely? No!
TipTopTrader

Russell, I feel like you should be on a anti gambling ad :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”