Excel occasionally going wrong?

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
LeTiss

Has anyone ever had an issue where Excel seems to trigger an incorrect bet?

My commands are fine, they're the same in all my sheets, but every now & then, a random bet will be placed by Excel which isn't what I'm asking for

Does anyone else get this problem?
PeterLe

Hi
I'm not sure what you mean by an incorrect bet...but one of the commands I have in my spreadsheets have the fill/Kill setting (say at 1 sec)..and sometimes it holds it open for much longer...I didnt raise it with support..its not really an issue as they are linked to speculative odds (ie much greater than the current odds; if that makes sense?)
Will try and help if you can expand a little??
Thanks
Peter
LeTiss

Thanks for the reply Peter

I have a few if/or statements on my football sheets, but I ask it to "LAY" bets for £2 at 1.01

This is so I can just double check that I'm completely happy with the situation before I open my proper trade.

However, this morning it placed a lay bet of £126 on Toulouse at 3.3 for absolutely no reason.

It's not the first time excel has placed a bet that's totally against the commands
PeterLe

Bloody Hell...no not had anything like that....(was that on Toulouse...or on To Lose!)...

Not an answer to your question but it might help...What I tend to do..(and I'm suspect you do something similar...) is to build in lots of double safety measures or even triple sometimes (belt and braces as we say in the North!)...I remember sitting in Dublin Airport logged in remotely and watching about £600 pound placed (using £2 stakes)..in about 5 Secs!..you know those cartoons where their eyes pop out of their head?? Well it was exactly like that!!! Ha!

What I mean by Belt and Braces...For example...if it is a lay statement...I may say something like "When a certain condition is met then lay at X odds with Y stake and (for extra safety) only if cell z1 = 0 (and then in cell Z1 put in an IF statement to check the maximum liability you are prepared to take ie say £200)...if that makes sense.
Also, there is a Trace Precedents command on the formulas tab that is really helpful. If you click it...it shows all the links between cells and the interdependants/dependants..

Sorry think I went a bit off topic there!...it may help some others who are just getting to grips with Excel too.

Good Luck
Peter

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”