Busiest Week of the Year is Here

A place to discuss anything.
Dallas

Its the first sign of something special and a monumental week that only happens once every 4 years when the whole afternoon schedule of the three main TV channels looks like this.

World Cup
Queens Tennis
Royal Ascot

I consider myself a pretty organized person but when it took over an hour of logging in and just getting set up this morning (and will do every day this week) you know just how crazy this is going to be - So here's hoping for a great week!
Dallas

Now that weeks finally over and England have qualified for the knockout stage its time to grab a few hours of the sun and retire to the garden the rest of the day to enjoy a well overdue BBQ this summer!
Euler

Yep, official chill out time now due
mobius

'You started about a case ago from that picture you posted earlier. Enjoy 8-)
spock

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:07 pm
Now that weeks finally over and England have qualified for the knockout stage its time to grab a few hours of the sun and retire to the garden the rest of the day to enjoy a well overdue BBQ this summer!
+1 Dallas,
Its my birthday, the shiraz is flowing, I should turn the PC off, but my current bot ( there have been many) is doing ok. Happy birthday Dallas ( bit late ! ) Many thanks for all of your contributions over the past many years. Old farts like me ( 71 ) would have retired long ago without your help.
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:07 pm
Didn't even know we played our second match, never mind qualified - show's how closely I've been following the tournament!
ruthlessimon

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:19 pm
Didn't even know we played our second match
Lie in? 1pm is a pretty early :D
Dallas

Another very busy day whether your trading or even just watching some sports!

Wimbledon 3rd round continues
Tour De France gets underway
British F1 qualifying
and of course a WC QF footie match taking place this afternoon
Euler

There is football this afternoon? :lol:
Dallas

Only another 48hrs and the manic grind will be over :mrgreen:
Korattt

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:15 pm
I would imagine that there are those that have made 5 figures over the past 2 or 3 weeks through automation, for me it's been a headache
Dallas

Korattt wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:30 pm
Dallas wrote:
I would imagine that there are those that have made 5 figures over the past 2 or 3 weeks through automation, for me it's been a headache
tbh I haven't used automation on that many more markets than I would normally do this time of year, what I have done though is used it in combination with watchlists to alert me to opportunities across numerous sports and markets.

That's enabled me to spread myself much further this last month.

Peter has done a very good blog post last week offering up some tips and advice on how to stay on top during busy periods
https://www.betangel.com/blog/betfair-t ... e-markets/
Korattt

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:19 pm
Korattt wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:30 pm
Dallas wrote:
tbh I haven't used automation on that many more markets than I would normally do this time of year, what I have done though is used it in combination with watchlists to alert me to opportunities across numerous sports and markets.

That's enabled me to spread myself much further this last month.

Peter has done a very good blog post last week offering up some tips and advice on how to stay on top during busy periods
https://www.betangel.com/blog/betfair-t ... e-markets/
when one hasn’t cracked manual trading cracking automation is a long way off, I’m a one thing at a time sort of bloke.. probably that’s my downfall, willing to learn but with a tendency to get impatient, but can get annoyed with stuff I don’t understand, I am better than I used to be but the rules that can be created within the automation some of them really do go over my head.

Like using stored values to indicate top & bottom of markets - absolutely clueless,

I’m sure I’ve seen Peter produce a weeks worth of P&L with 4 figures just on automation, 3 figures a day on greyhounds, that for me is demoralising, don’t get me wrong I am willing to learn it but to be honest I’m not from a coding / programming background so realistically don’t hold out much hope to get to a similar level, would gladly pay for someone’s time for some help with automation but don’t think that’s going to happen.
Last edited by Korattt on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

I know there are a few traders on here that can't trade manually but have had success when they turned to automation. One isn't necessarily more difficult than the other.
Korattt wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:35 pm
I’m sure I’ve seen Peter produce a weeks worth of P&L with 4 figures just on automation, 3 figures a day on greyhounds, that for me is demoralising
Demoralising, why?

If somebody's making big profits on markets that you're struggling with, it a least tells you that you're not wasting your time on something that's not possible.
Last edited by Derek27 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korattt

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:39 pm
I know there are a few traders on here that can't trade manually but have had success when they turned to automation. One isn't necessarily more difficult than the other.
is for me, not everybody is the same

Return to “General discussion”