Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:40 pm
He's been accused of making several trips and one to a beauty spot and his silence suggests guilt. If you're accused of this, that and everything, fair enough, just ignore it. But it's quite reasonable for somebody who couldn't attend a loved-ones wedding, funeral, last hour or their wife giving birth to demand an explanation from the very hypocrite who devised the rules.

Boris Johnson, talking through his arse as usual, said that Cummings acted responsibly, legally and with integrity!!

Does he even know the meaning of integrity? :lol: :lol:
OK so let's start with "accused", you seem to believe that if anyone is accused of something then they must have done it, yes?

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned I want my Government to be using their resources and focus on the future and solving this pandemic not wasting them on arguments about whether someone months ago acted within the letter but not the spirit of the law ... that's just a waste of everybody's time except the media and opposition who are making a living out of it. I haven't heard anyone yet explain how Starmer and the others and the 59% who want him to go are furthering us defeating the virus by all this whinging ... they are just distracting effort from those who are trying to keep us healthy. And as for the 59% the media are on about are they so stupid they can't see that most of them are probably motivated because it's Cummings/Johnson/Conservative ... they are still crying they didn't win the last 2 elections and the Referendum. It's obvious they will vote against anything Conservative or Brexit. And as for Boris, would rather have him any-day than Corbyn and his far left crew.

BTW do you still think a leg-over is more valuable than looking after family? ... have you told them!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
superfrank

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:35 pm
Boris Johnson, under Cummings advice, could have all lefties lined against the wall and shot and you would say the same thing!
No I wouldn't.
Derek27 wrote:
I notice you say he did nothing wrong but stopped short of justifying a sixty-mile drive to test his eyesight. I'd like to see some drunken drivers try that one: "I drank 5 pints of beer your honour, so I drove 12 miles home to see if I could do it safely". :lol:
No justification required. He didn't break the law. You lot would want him fired for a dodgy brake light.
greenmark

Well, anyway the head of AstraZeneca astounded me with this on the Andrew Marr show.
"And there's no doubt, starting in September, we will start delivering these doses of vaccine to the British Government for vaccination.

"The vaccine has to work and that’s one question, and the other question is, even if it works we have to be able to demonstrate it.

"We have to run as fast as possible before the disease disappears so we can demonstrate that the vaccine is effective."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... r-18303276

BEFORE THE DISEASE DISAPPEARS?
The establishment have been talkig about 2 yrs from march 2020 before this is resolved.

Still, I'll take that inaccuracy if everyone keeps on distancing and we get zero covid deaths per day AND care home rates return to the 5 yr average. What a day that will be! Get out the bunting for that one!
Atho55

Derek27 wrote: ↑
He's been accused of making several trips and one to a beauty spot and his silence suggests guilt. If you're accused of this, that and everything, fair enough, just ignore it. But it's quite reasonable for somebody who couldn't attend a loved-ones wedding, funeral, last hour or their wife giving birth to demand an explanation from the very hypocrite who devised the rules.

Boris Johnson, talking through his arse as usual, said that Cummings acted responsibly, legally and with integrity!!

Says the man who went to B&Q and then to the local shop for fags.... :lol: :lol:
StellaBot

Maybe helpful for some
thats non media orientated

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:32 pm
OK so let's start with "accused", you seem to believe that if anyone is accused of something then they must have done it, yes?
Can you not read? I said his silence suggests guilt. Obviously he spent a few days thinking of an excuse and a DIY eye test was the best he could do.
firlandsfarm wrote:
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned I want my Government to be using their resources and focus on the future and solving this pandemic not wasting them on arguments about whether someone months ago acted within the letter but not the spirit of the law ... that's just a waste of everybody's time except the media and opposition who are making a living out of it. I haven't heard anyone yet explain how Starmer and the others and the 59% who want him to go are furthering us defeating the virus by all this whinging ... they are just distracting effort from those who are trying to keep us healthy. And as for the 59% the media are on about are they so stupid they can't see that most of them are probably motivated because it's Cummings/Johnson/Conservative ... they are still crying they didn't win the last 2 elections and the Referendum. It's obvious they will vote against anything Conservative or Brexit. And as for Boris, would rather have him any-day than Corbyn and his far left crew.
When 3 of the government's advisers unanimously state that he's "trashed" their good work it's can't get much more serious.
[/quote]
firlandsfarm wrote:
BTW do you still think a leg-over is more valuable than looking after family? ... have you told them!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Taking your child for a drive when you're not even sure you can see properly is hardly looking after your family. Irresponsible, perhaps social services should be called (if it were true!).
Derek27

superfrank wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:45 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Boris Johnson, under Cummings advice, could have all lefties lined against the wall and shot and you would say the same thing!
No I wouldn't.
Derek27 wrote:
I notice you say he did nothing wrong but stopped short of justifying a sixty-mile drive to test his eyesight. I'd like to see some drunken drivers try that one: "I drank 5 pints of beer your honour, so I drove 12 miles home to see if I could do it safely". :lol:
No justification required. He didn't break the law. You lot would want him fired for a dodgy brake light.
Driving 60 miles to test your eyesight is, without any question of doubt, unnecessary travel, and hence he broke his own guidance that he expects you and me to adhere to. He could have looked out the flipping window. You don't seriously believe that was the reason? :lol:
Derek27

Atho55 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:41 pm
Derek27 wrote: ↑

Says the man who went to B&Q and then to the local shop for fags.... :lol: :lol:
No rules broken there. Fags, essential items if you're a smoker, as is getting your leg over if you're lonely/desperate. :)
Garden items are as essential as food if you're growing the stuff.
greenmark

Are the BBC making Boris look like a red-eyed, baggy-eyed, gibbering wreck?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:11 pm
No, that's what he is, amongst other things.
Derek27

Nice one Meg Hillier - I wish more MPs and journalists would pull up BJ and the rest for not answering the question. Usually the PM and his ministers ignore the question and talk about whatever they like and the questioner just sits there like a flipping lemon!
ShaunWhite

greenmark wrote:
Interesting to see how he struggles in a situation where he can't blatantly lie. Thankfully these committees follow HoC conventions unlike the random questions from journos. Also interesting body language with his repeated glances at the door, a std poker tell when someone wishes they weren't in a situation.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:46 pm
greenmark wrote:
Interesting to see how he struggles in a situation where he can't blatantly lie. Thankfully these committees follow HoC conventions unlike the random questions from journos. Also interesting body language with his repeated glances at the door, a std poker tell when someone wishes they weren't in a situation.
How do you know he was looking at the door? You must have eyes at the back of your head, or the back of the camera. ;)
Archery1969

ShaunWhite wrote:
greenmark wrote:
I believe he was looking at DC who was holding up cards of how to reply to the questions....
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:16 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
greenmark wrote:
I believe he was looking at DC who was holding up cards of how to reply to the questions....
I don't like the pair, Cummings/Johnson and their politics, but do think the media have gone berserk on this.
The opposition are also now reverting to type after a period national unity.
I just hope they are right and that all the sacrifice will be rewarded by an early escape from this.
And although tomorrow is due to be the last 'clap for key-workers' we must do something for these people in the long-term.
I'd support a levy specifically to reward keyworkers.
Or do people think its up to the individual organisations?

Return to “General discussion”